CHAPTER-8

Hello peeps.

How are you all?

Before reading, do press the vote button and comment your precious thoughts.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

AUTHOR'S POV

There was hustle and bustle in the school corridor after the first lecture of the first day. The sound of shuffling papers and murmuring of the students fills the air. Reyaansh after gathering his courage stood up and made his way towards Meera who was talking with her friends.

When he was few steps away from her, he stopped on his track and contemplated in his mind that should he talk to her now or not? After having a brief inner battle of his brain and heart, heart wins. He decided to move forward and talk to her.

Unfortunately, the luck was not on his side as when he was about to open his mouth, the English teacher entered the class and after seeing the teacher in class, all the students started to go back to their respective seats to continue the lecture.

Reyaansh cursing at his luck in his mind went back to his seat and sat beside Abhimanyu sulking. Abhimanyu shakes his head at his friend finding his behaviour absurd.

One after another lecture continued and he didn't get any opportunity to talk to her. During the break time also, he tried to look for her even after getting several profanities from Abhimanyu, but he was not able to trace her whereabouts.

Even after the school gets over, he was standing near the gate in hope that maybe he will get a small glance of her but to no avail. It was like luck was really not on his side. In the end, Abhimanyu had to drag him away from the school gate to his house.

When he reached his house, without saying or glancing at anything, Reyaansh just went to his room and closed the door. While his mother, Avantika Singhania, who was at home at that time and was waiting for her son to cone and talk about his experience of the first day of new class as Reyaansh was really close to her and talk to her about anything and everything.

However, today she was flabbergasted after noticing the behaviour of her son as Reyaansh was a jolly type of person who can never stand still or close his mouth and is always upto some mischief. So, this was something new for Avantika.

Thinking that maybe he was tired or feeling sleepy, she didn't called him and wondered much and further went to look after some work.

                       *~~~*~~~*~~~*

While, on the other hand, in the break time, Meera, Riya and Shrishti were on the stairs on their way towards canteen, when they were on the last second stair, Shrishti stumbled on her own shoelaces and fell down and as a result, got a mild sprain on her ankle.

"Ahhh." Meera and Riya heard the painful voice and looked back to find their friend on the floor holding her right ankle.

"Shit, Shri, are you alright? How did this happen?" Riya asked in a concerned voice kneeling near her.

"I don't know yaar, I was walking and then the next second, I found myself on the floor. This shit is hurting a lot. Ahh."

"It's okay, Riya, let's take her to the medical room. I think she has sprained her feet." Riya bobbed her head and stood up. Shrishti cried out with pain when Meera and Riya tried to help her to get back to her feet.

After a few minutes of discomfort, Shrishti was able to stand on her one feet with her both hands on the respective shoulders of her friends. They helped her to the medical room with great difficulty as while taking a step forward, Shrishti was leaving her whole weight on them.

After the nurse bandaged her feet, the nurse told her to rest for few days and not to put much pressure on her ankle. Saying this, the nurse went back to her place and Meera said,

"Ok Shri, take rest. We will come after attending the class."

"Are you guys serious? Here your friend is injured and in pain, you both are leaving me all alone in this room that too filled with this yucky smell." Shrishti said firstly while making puppy face and then in last said with a disgusted face while looking around the small room.

"Oye draamebaaz. Nahi jaa rahe khi. Khush maharani ji." Rolling her eyes, Riya replied sarcastically joining her hands as 'namaste'.

"Hm, bhot khush. Ab yaar chup mat baitho koi baat vgaira karo na." Shrishti said looking at them while settling in the hard bed.

"Ji, or kuch maharani ji?" This time Meera replied continuing the sarcasm.

Meera settle on the bed beside the Shrishti's feet and Riya makes herself comfortable on the single chair present there. The three friends continued talking to each other while sometimes teasing one or the another person.

The whole time, they were indulged in their important talks not caring about the time, that's when Meera noticed the kindergarten students coming out of their classes with their bags and their class teachers. Meera realized that it is the time of departure and she informed her friends the same.

Meera and Riya got up and helped Shrishti. They came out of the medical room and went near the school gate. Meera found Manveer standing beside the tree with his bike so she bid them bye as they have already decided that Riya will drop Shrishti at her house.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

That's it for today guys.

Do not forget to vote and comment.