Chapter 244 - The Secret of the Inheritance [03]

Start from the beginning

She was the sister she had known all her life. It was naturally extremely exciting to see her again in this lifetime.

Mrs. Qi also had tears in her eyes when she saw this Grandaunt. With Wen Ran's support, she walked quickly towards that side. 

When two pairs of old hands were clasped together, time seemed to go back to the past. They were still the same people in the mountains. The sisters who picked wild flowers and put them on their heads.

The Grandaunt wiped away her tears and looked at the strong old Mrs. Qi. She couldn't help but said: "In a blink of an eye, we haven't seen each other for decades. How is your health?"

Mrs. Qi also wiped her tears: "It's okay. If it's not, I can't come this far."

The Grandaunt looked at the person beside Mrs. Qi: "This is Wen Ran, right?"

Mrs. Qi patted Wen Ran's back: "This is it. My grandson's partner. Ran Ran, greet her quickly."

Wen Ran quickly smiled and said, "Grandaunt."

The Grandaunt said hello several times, took a red envelope from her side and handed it to Wen Ran: "This is the first time we meet, this is for you. It's a meeting gift."

Wen Ran glanced at Mrs. Qi. Mrs. Qi nodded towards him. Wen Ran stepped forward to take it: "Thank you, Grandaunt."

The Grandaunt took another red envelope and handed it to Qi Yunjing: "The last time I saw Yunjing, he was still wrapped in swaddling clothes. Come, take the greeting gift Grandaunt gave you."

Qi Yunjing also stepped forward to take it: "Thank you, Grandaunt." After saying that, he stood next to Wen Ran and handed the red envelope to Wen Ran and asked him to keep it together.

The wind at the port was strong, so everyone did not wait long after greeted the guests and go to the castle. Someone pushed the Grandaunt's wheelchair, and Mrs. Qi held her hand with one hand and kept talking all the way.

Wen Ran walked next to Qi Yunjing and whispered to him: "This red envelope must be very big. I have calculated before that we will be lucky this time." 

It is thin, but the red envelope is quite big and looks like a check. The overseas Qi family seems to be developing as well as the domestic ones, and they will definitely not be stingy with their moves.

Qi Yunjing smiled: "The big red envelope you received also needs to be donated?"

Wen Ran said with a smile: "That's definitely not necessary. The gift from the elders is a blessing. How can you donate the blessing?" 

They were whispering in the front, and in the back the others also whispering. 

The youngest of the second branch, who had always been at odds with the third branch, looked at the young man following Qi Wenhan, and sneered unabashedly: "I see you are really becoming more and more indulgent. What kind of occasion is this? You still need to carry your love with you. 

"Anyway, the inheritance has been divided, so now they just need to read it out. Whether it is a dragon or an insect, that's all you can get."

Qi Wenhan gave him a cold look: "It sounds like you can do the heavy lifting alone, but it's just half a pound of weight. You'd better take a break and save some effort." 

The one who made the sarcastic comment just now was the youngest of the second branch, Qi Wenxuan. Their generation belongs to the literary generation, and the elders in the family are very particular. 

Although they all have their own English names outside, at home, they can only be called by their Chinese names and can only speak Chinese. Those who have accepted Western culture and is not even willing to speak Chinese is not even qualified for this kind of family gathering.