Chapter 14 : The hug

Kai's POV

I was standing by the shore, my gaze fixed upon the expanse of the sea shining under the moon light. As the waves are crashing against the rocks, I thought about today's incident that I did not want to think about. I fucking had no idea would pull such a move while I was gone. But he knew that no way Aria was gonna protest his decisions. Being frustrated, I closed my eyes and took deep breathes as the blend of saltiness and freshness of the ocean hit my nose.

When I opened my eyes, I sensed another person's presence standing besides me. I turned my head over to see who it was and it was her. She was the fucking one and only person who could help me distract my thoughts right now. A sense of deja vu hit me as the scene felt quite similar to the first day when she talked to me for the first time at the same place.

She gazed out to the ocean standing besides me and she must have felt my eyes on her as she turned her head towards me and smiled ever so slightly that if I had blinked my eyes I would have missed it. "Do you need some space or is it okay if I stay ?" She asks, tilting her head. God, the way she does it is so fucking cute.

"Stay here, daisy." I replied her, to which she nodded her head and turned her head away from me back to the sea. As the wind picks up, I eyed the strands of her hair that brushed against her cheeks. She was shivering today too I noticed she wore a dress which barely reached her mid-thigh. Didn't she caught fever two days ago ?

I thought that she would try to ask about today's incident but instead she just stood there in peaceful silence giving me company. That's when I decided that I wanted to get things off of my chest.

"My dad sent my sister, Aria abroad for studies." She turned her eyes to meet mind and furrowed her eyebrows on the statement and asked, "Isn't that a good thing ?" I sighed and continue, "It was against her will. She wanted to pursue her career in fashion designing but he forced her to study for neurology and sent her abroad today. And not just that, he cut off all her contacts with the family. I don't even fucking know where is she right now I just know that she is not at home and she is not happy."

"Why didn't she protest it ?" She asked confusedly.

"Protest it ?" A humor less chuckle left my mouth, "My dad basically threatened her that if she does not follow what he says then he would assume that his daughter is dead for him. She's barely seventeen years old and her thoughts were all over the place ever since he blackmailed and threatened her. It may seem like it's a small issue but it's messed up we are talking about her future here. I was trying to stand up for her all this time and I thought I convinced him. He signed her up for the university she wished to attend. Everything was fine from the past two months but guess what he was fucking pretending."

My father was a disgusting person who lived for only two things: fame and money. My mom had sacrificed a lot behind my father. I too faced that point in my life  living with him and now the target is my sister. I fought for her, thinking she doesn't need to go through what I was going through and yet here we are.

I didn't know that my breathing had become heavy and my knuckles had gone white from clutching my fist too tightly until I looked at daisy. Her eyes were laced with softness and her lips trembled as she looked at me being vulnerable in front of her.

The next thing which did was what my heart yearned but never knew how it felt. She tiptoed, wrapped her arms around me and rested her chin on my shoulder. "Everything will be fine, kai." She whispered gently in my ears, patting my back. Those were the words that I needed to hear when I finally gave in, in the hug and secured my arms ever so tightly around the small of her back.

I can feel the tension slowly melting away from my body. My breathing begins to become steady and I feel warmth radiating off of her body. It was then when I realized that I find comfort in her presence and god, that was fucked up.