Chapter 10

Chapter 10: The First Ugly Basket

In the lush forest, Yun Zhi, the female lead, demonstrated her ingenuity by crafting a crude basket from tree vines. The male characters, including Mo Chen, were amazed at her resourcefulness.

"Wow, Yun Zhi, you're really clever! We usually use these vines to secure animal skins, never thought of using them this way," exclaimed one of the males.

Yun Zhi, blushing, offered to teach them the technique. As they gathered more vines, Yun Zhi, with Mo Chen's assistance, skillfully crafted a sturdier and more aesthetically pleasing basket.

"Let me teach you all; my fruits and leafy vegetables are ready for picking," Yun Zhi suggested generously.

The males, eager to learn, collected vines enthusiastically, leaving the older women puzzled by their excitement. Mo Chen accompanied Yun Zhi as they ventured into the nearby area, ensuring her safety.

As they explored the forest, Yun Zhi identified various edible mushrooms and wild onions, making Mo Chen slightly concerned about their safety. However, Yun Zhi assured him of her knowledge in distinguishing between edible and poisonous varieties.

Upon returning to the fruit orchard, the group utilized their newly crafted baskets, securing them with vines to prevent spillage during transportation.

Observing Yun Zhi's basket filled with mushrooms and onions, some expressed concern about their edibility. Yun Zhi confidently assured them, "They are safe to eat; the vibrant colors indicate their edibility. I've chosen only the ones suitable for consumption."

Mo Chen, though still worried, offered to help Yun Zhi gather the mushrooms, showing his affectionate side. As they returned, Yun Zhi's lively mood infected everyone, even earning a fond smile from Mo Chen.

Back in the orchard, the group noticed Yun Zhi's additional harvest of wild onions, sparking concern about their safety. Yun Zhi, undeterred, defended her choices, explaining the correct methods of preparation.

The chapter ends with Yun Zhi's companions worried about her choices, setting the stage for potential conflicts in the future. End of Chapter.