Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Joining the Haze Tribe

Xizhe Tribe is accepting wandering beasts, so I brought my companion to join. The snake beast, with a protective female, seemed genuine, not stolen from another tribe.

"Xizhe Tribe accepts wandering beasts. I brought my partner to join. Hope it's okay."

Feeling the threat, Xizhe Tribe members shifted their attention from Yun Zhi to Mo Chen.

"Follow Qingyang to the chief!" The snake beast suggested, diverting attention to the unsuspecting Qingyang.

Qingyang, feeling uneasy under the snake's gaze, quickly led the way. Mo Chen followed, carrying Yun Zhi.

Yun Zhi, hearing Mo Chen introduce her as his partner, felt her heart skip a beat, understanding it was to ease the entry.

As they walked through the tribe, Yun Zhi observed the simple huts and open spaces, forming a basic understanding of Xizhe Tribe.

The chief and priest lived in caves on the mountain. Following the introduction, Chief Yinan welcomed them warmly.

"Welcome to Xizhe Tribe. You two are now part of our tribe," Chief Yinan declared.

Mo Chen, holding Yun Zhi, headed towards their chosen stone hut, situated a bit far but near a clear stream.

Chief Yinan explained the tribe's hunting system and how contributions differed for single and partnered beasts.

Mo Chen reassured Yun Zhi, "Even if we have to contribute, I can provide for you."

Choosing a modest stone hut, they settled in. Yun Zhi appreciated the tranquility, happy to avoid crowded places.

Mo Chen and Yun Zhi explored the tribe together, understanding the competition among beasts for partners.

Choosing a stone hut near Chief Yinan's cave, Mo Chen, and Yun Zhi prepared for the new life in Xizhe Tribe.

End of Chapter