Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Living Under the Same Roof

Shaking her head, Yun Zhi first unpacked and neatly arranged the blue and white canvas shoes that she lost while escaping but were later retrieved by Mo Chen.

Though she preferred staying indoors, Yun Zhi was quite adept at packing her belongings, given her slight obsession with keeping things orderly.

Mo Chen, observing her initiative, moved the stone pot outside the fire pit and then entered the bedroom, finding that Yun Zhi had already prepared the stone bed.

Lacking furniture, they piled the brought-in animal skins in a corner. Considering they were settling here, furnishing the place was essential.

With everything neatly organized, their accommodation was sorted. The only missing element was firewood; Mo Chen decided to gather some before settling in.

Watching Mo Chen leave, Yun Zhi struggled to carry the stone pot to the creek for a thorough wash.

As the sun set, distant sounds from the tribe's center indicated the return of the hunting party. Humming to herself, Yun Zhi, still carrying the stone pot, headed back to the house after finishing the cleaning.

As the night approached, the temperature dropped rapidly. Crouching by the fire pit, Yun Zhi felt a slight chill on her back. She picked up a small animal skin to use as a shawl, covering her exposed back.

In no time, Mo Chen appeared at the doorstep, holding cleaned long-eared beasts. Yun Zhi withdrew the firewood from the pit to prevent accidental house fires.

Shivering in the doorway without the warmth of the fire, Yun Zhi was unknowingly embraced by Mo Chen as he returned.

Being too slender, especially during the ongoing rainy season, Yun Zhi felt colder at night. Despite being a snake beast, Mo Chen's body temperature was no different from an ordinary person's.

Adopted from an orphanage, Yun Zhi's foster parents had cared for her until she reached college. However, once they had their biological children, Yun Zhi felt neglected. During high school, they would still check up on her occasionally, but after she entered college, they abruptly cut ties, leaving her with some money.

Yun Zhi never resented her foster parents. They had raised her, provided education, and only distanced themselves after giving her money. She couldn't repay their kindness but harbored gratitude.

Thinking about Mo Chen, a person with such a good character becoming a wandering beast intrigued her. She made a mental note to ask him about his past later.

By the time they reached the open area, some tribe members had already gathered. The atmosphere was not boisterous, but there was a sense of liveliness with people grilling meat and boiling soup.

Spotting the petite figure in Mo Chen's arms, Mo Xiu's eyes lit up. Leaving the tribe leader's side, she jogged over to Yun Zhi.

Though Yun Zhi had met Mo Xiu and was aware of her outgoing personality, she was still somewhat uncomfortable.

"So, this is your partner. Good-looking and strong, barely fitting as your companion, Little Yun," Mo Xiu remarked, sizing up Mo Chen.

Mo Xiu found Mo Chen excellent in every aspect except for his paleness.

(End of Chapter)