Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The Unique Wood Element Finger

Upon hearing Mo Chen's story, Yun Zhi finally understood why he used his snake form to test her last night.

Mo Chen, being a snake of the tribe, had a black panther as his mother. Despite being a snake, he was entirely black, a color considered ominous in the tribe. Consequently, he was cast out to live a wandering life.

His father, obeying the tribal leader's command, had to toss him out, not showing much sadness as there were other snakes in the tribe. His mother, on the other hand, never even looked at him, displaying disgust when she found out he was a black snake. When he was abandoned, his mother was busy with another partner, showing no concern.

During his abandonment, he couldn't even transform, narrowly escaping death several times. Faced with his mother's indifference, he lost faith in females, even developing a dislike for them.

Yun Zhi's appearance was unexpected. Despite her fear of snakes, she willingly approached him, largely influenced by his appearance.

Yun Zhi said, "Follow me; I'll provide you with the best. Since your parents have other children to take care of, you don't need to go back. Let's live our own lives."

Mo Chen had suffered due to his black color, considered ominous. Those who discarded him failed to recognize his strength, causing them a great loss.

Mo Chen, expressing gratitude, said, "I've long forgotten about them. Now, I'll protect you because you've become the light in my dark life."

"Feeling tired? Let's go inside and rest." Extinguishing the fire, Mo Chen carried Yun Zhi into the bedroom, gently placing her on the bed.

Covering Yun Zhi with a blanket, Mo Chen laid down himself. Yun Zhi, not actually sleepy, took the opportunity to lay beside Mo Chen, becoming more alert in his presence.

"You mentioned teaching me earlier; now's the time!" Yun Zhi was curious about Mo Chen's abilities.

Suddenly turning his head, Mo Chen's dark purple eyes emitted a faint glow in the darkness, causing Yun Zhi to blush. His low laughter tickled her ears, making her feel drowsy.

"Alright, close your eyes, follow my instructions, and you'll feel it."

Yun Zhi, enchanted, closed her eyes, listening to Mo Chen's whispers. Instead of focusing on the power, she got lost in his voice, feeling a drowsy urge.

"Yun, don't fall asleep." Mo Chen warned, finding her cute and realizing his voice made her drowsy.

Struggling to stay awake, Yun Zhi concentrated on feeling the flow of energy within her.

After a while, when Mo Chen thought she had fallen asleep, Yun Zhi excitedly turned towards him, tightly hugging him, claiming to have seen and felt the power.

Although not very strong, she indeed possessed a unique ability - a green pearl, the size of a fingernail, at her heart, exuding a powerful life force. Mo Chen was surprised and delighted.

"It seems Yun Zhi has a Wood Element ability. In the entire Cangyu Continent, she might be the only one."

Mo Chen, having both Fire and Thunder abilities, recognized Yun Zhi's Wood Element as a rare and valuable power.

Yun Zhi, elated, said, "I'm so lucky! With Wood Element, I can grow my own food. What a useful ability!"

Mo Chen agreed, promising to take care of her even though she could sustain herself. He admired her ability and found joy in her innocence.

As they continued their conversation, Yun Zhi, realizing her unintentional flirtation, blushed. Only two days into their acquaintance, their relationship resembled that of a couple deeply in love.

Mo Chen teased, "Yun, why did you stop hugging me?"

Panicking, Yun Zhi quickly hugged him again, playfully responding in a sweet tone, "You know, in my family, there are two sayings: repay kindness with overflowing gratitude, and when someone saves your life, offer yourself in return."

Both attracted to each other, they decided to move quickly, preventing unnecessary complications.

"Offering myself in return means what I think it means?"

Ignoring the first saying, Mo Chen was pleasantly surprised by Yun Zhi's unexpected acceptance. The straightforward emotions of beastmen meant that once they chose a mate, they would remain loyal for life.

"Yun, you know I'm a snake, so you should understand that I can't tolerate other males. Can you be exclusive to me?"

Mo Chen nervously asked, acknowledging the difficulties of such a request. Females were inherently fragile, and even though he was confident in protecting his partner, there would be times when he couldn't be with her.

Mo Chen didn't ask Yun Zhi for a lifelong commitment; he only hoped she would choose him for the present. Yun Zhi, having observed Mo Chen's possessiveness since the encounter with Mu Xiu, felt more confident.

(End of Chapter)