chapter twenty-nine

"Hollie!"

"Hollie!"

"We love you, Hollie!"

"Hollieeeeee!"

The cheers and screams met my ears as I smiled and waved at them. The feeling of hearing their excitement made me so happy. I couldn't help, but smile and blow them kisses.

Security tried to prevent the situation from getting out of control because the crowd consisted of my fans showing their support and the paparazzi shoving and trying to get the best pictures.

It was still the day of my album release and Devon had pulled a last-minute meet and greet that would make my fans feel included in the release of my project. Although I was still recovering from the festivities of my launch event, I knew how much it would make my fans happy.

 Although I was still recovering from the festivities of my launch event, I knew how much it would make my fans happy

For something that was announced on my Instagram last minute, I was surprised at the turnout.

I entered the venue with the assistance of security and already found Devon inside along with other people who were setting up the meet and greet venue. There was a table with CD copies of my album, posters and other treats.

"I'm surprised you're actually on time," Devon said, after looking down at his watch.

"Hi to you too, Devon," I gave him a tight-lipped smile, "slept great?"

"Had the best sleep as always. How about you?"

"I slept like a baby," I said, sitting down at the table and grabbing the marker I'd be using to autograph.

"It's a good thing you did," he responded, "Did you hear the good news?"

"About?" I asked fiddling with the marker.

"You've got to read your emails more, H," he shook his head, "But anyway, it's been finalised - you're an official headliner at the Rerun festival."

"And Devon does it once again," I complimented him.

When he had first mentioned the idea of headlining a while back I wasn't with it, but now I felt different about it.

There was just so much excitement that came with a new release and a new era in a musician's career. I felt like I was on top of the world.

"You know me. Just doing my job and being the best at it."

"That's right."

"So to be brief, you're headlining day three of the fest and it will count towards your tour dates. We're announcing the Emerald tour on Monday."

"Okay! Let's gooo!"

He let out a laugh.

"Oh, by the way, have you seen the real-time chart updates?" I said, dusting the imaginary dust on my shoulder, "We're number one. Aaand I'm also occupying the whole top 10 singles chart on Apple Music."