chapter nine

The lights flashed continuously.

Wearing shades didn't help much in these situations, but I did it anyway. Raymond and I had just exited the car and were making our way into Lace. It was a premium nightclub that was the go-to spot for most religious club-goers who were seeking a luxury experience.

The paparazzi hurled so many questions at us that even if I tried to understand I couldn't even make out one complete sentence. Raymond held my hand and walked in front of me, leading us in while our security guarded us.

When we got in we were greeted by a host who led us to the VIP lounge which was in the balcony area of the club.

Lace was already packed and many people were dancing and having a good time. The night was still young and there was more fun to be had.
Raymond's friends were already there and I was quick to embrace Zara when I caught sight of her.

"Bitch, you look good," I complimented immediately. She looked gorgeous in her body-con dress and strap high heels, while I was dressed in a set that consisted of a mini skirt and corset crop top.

"Thank you. You look killer too," she pouted, holding my hand and making me do a twirl.

Quincy walked over to me and greeted me right after and so did his friends, Trey, Langston and Isiah. I was surprised I remembered their names as well as I did.

There were no other girls in our section, but that is not to say they wouldn't have club security finding women for them for the night. Pretty common practice. Then in about a month, the same women would be on their YouTube Channels talking about their experience with a particular celebrity.

I sat down between Raymond and Zara, getting comfortable on the plush purple sofa.

"What will you be having?" Raymond asked me.

"A Long Island," I said simply.

"Starting off so strong?" He raised his brow

"Yeah... what's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, ma'am. A nigga was just saying," he chuckled.

I pat his shoulder with a smile, "stop judging me."

The DJ started playing "High for U" by Melii featuring Gyptian, and I immediately let out an excited squeal.

Zara's smile grew wide and she immediately got up to start whining her hips. I watched her dance and saw how quick Q was to stand behind her with one glass in his right hand, while his left hand gently held her waist.

I wondered where Day was and almost as if he had read my thoughts, he appeared out of nowhere and started dapping up his friends. An indication that he had just arrived.
I noticed his fresh lineup, as well as the accessories he wore that made him stand out. I hadn't seen his dress this flashy before. It was interesting to see.

"How are you doing, Hollie," he verbally greeted, standing across from me.

"Good, how about you?" I smiled at him.

"I'm proper," he responded, "you look great, ma."

"Thank you, you look... flashy."

"Flashy?" He laughed

"Well, It's not how I'd expect you to dress, so..."

Our conversation was hijacked when Trey tapped him and asked him about something I couldn't hear. I pretty much watched everyone's interactions until our drinks came out.

A club photographer came to our section and took candid photos of us and I rested my legs over Raymond's lap, watching as he rubbed his hands on my legs. I brought my drink to his lips and allowed him to drink it.