Both Lost Something - Peter Parker

Peter Parker x Fem!reader Stark

Warnings: mention of Tony's death

Word count: 483

Summary: Peter & Y/n comforting each other after Tony's death.

"Are they going to be okay?" Sam asked out loud to the people around them as they all turned to look where Sam was looking. And there by the lake were the two teen's most affected by Tony's death.

"I sure hope so." Steve sighed sadly as they watched Y/n and Peter from afar.

"At least they can lean on each other." Bucky pointed out. He felt really bad for Y/n. She was always kind to him and while he was gone due to the snap Y/n had.

"He lost his mentor and she lot her father. Granted for the first 8 years of her life Tony was pretty absent. But once he became Iron Man he was there for her as much as he could be. Even canceling things to spend time with her." Pepper told them with a watery smile as she watched the girl that became like a daughter to her.

"Peter lost his parents young. Then was moved into the custody of May and his uncle. But not long after his uncle passed. Tony was more than a mentor to him." Happy added with a tight sad smile.

Sam shook his head, running a hand down his face. "These kids have been through enough."

"Agreed." Bucky nodded and it shocked Sam and Bucky that they agreed on something. Shocked the other's as well, but not as much as normal considering the topic and they all knew Y/n was pretty close to Bucky. And they could all agree with Sam.

Over by the water down at the edge of the lake. Y/n and Peter stood together looking out towards the water. It was peaceful.

"I'm sorry, Peter." Y/n said to him as she leant her head on his shoulder. Y/n knew her dad meant more to Peter than just a friend or mentor. So she knew it had to be hard for him.

"I'm sorry too, Y/n. He was your father." Peter spoke, wrapping his arm around her shoulders to comfort her.

"He acted like one to you as well." She squeezed his hand and nuzzled her head into his neck. "At least you knew the best version of him."

Peter grimaces a little. "I guess it sucks that he wasn't always so close to you huh?"

Y/n nodded with a sad smile on her lips. "Yeah, it did. But he more than made up for it."

Peter smiled at that. Knowing how good the father and daughter relationship had gotten over the years.

"I believe he loved you more than anything. You and Morgan." Peter pointed out while placing a kiss on her temple.

"Me too. And I think you can include yourself in that as well. He saw you as a son." Y/n sighs contently. They both turned their heads to look at each other with small smiles.