Custody - Tony Stark

Tony x niece reader

Warnings: mention of the death of a parent

Word count: 916

Summary: Being Tony's niece that he takes custody of.

Authors Note: I loved writing this, this dynamic. Who wants to see more Tony Stark x Niece Reader? Maybe a Part 2?

It was a normal day Pepper and Tony had settled down with dinner and wine on the couch in his home rebuilt finally in Malibu. Well, it felt normal till Tony's phone rang.

Tony got up and took the call but upon seeing Tony's face when he re-entered the room Pepper knew something was wrong.

"Tony?" Pepper said as she got up and stood in front of him. "Who was it?"

Tony was looking off to the side, still processing what he had been told. "A cop. My sister, she died."

"Oh My God." Pepper gasped reaching out to rub Tony's arm for comfort. "What's going to happen to Y/n?"

"They want me to take her." Tony told her. Tony of course said yes in a heartbeat. He and Y/n had a great relationship and he couldn't let her go to anyone else. They needed each other, hell he thought of her as his own kid. But he was scared. Not that he'd admit it.

"Tony-"

"What if I can't take care of her?" Tony voiced his worries looking to Pepper. Hoping she could give him an answer.

"Tony you have to. For her and for your sister." Pepper encouraged trying to get him to see that even if he was scared he still had to do it. "You are that girl's best choice, Tony."

Tony knew Pepper was right he needed to put his fears aside and focus on helping his niece.

^ ^ ^

It was only a few days later that everything was signed and packed. Y/n was coming today and Tony was equally excited and nervous. Tony had spent the last couple of days setting up a room for her to call her own. It was her favorite room to sit in whenever she visited.

"Hey'a Y/n/n." Tony greeted as she exited the car Happy had brought her in.

"Hi uncle Tony." Y/n gave him the best smile she could muster. Under the circumstances.

"I'm sorry, Kiddo." Tony mirrored her expression and pulled her into a hug. He was sure she needed one.

"I'm sorry to." She mumbled into his chest.

"Why are you sorry?" Tony asked leaning back to look down at his niece with questioning eyes.

"She was your sister." Y/n stated looking at him with sad eyes.

Tony let out a soft sigh. Yeah he lost his sister and it hurt but she lost her mom. That had to hurt more, Tony knew it did. He had gone through the same thing. Y/m/n was a single mother, they were closer than close Y/m/n and Y/n. Tony didn't expect her to be worried about how he was feeling. "Sweetheart, she was your mom. You don't have to feel sorry for me. Just focus on you right now and no one else, okay?"

With that said the two headed inside the beautifully huge Malibu home.

They were greeted by Peper as she came down the stairs. "Hey, Hunny."

Pepper hugged Y/n as they met in the living room.Y/n hugged her back with a small smile. She loved Pepper, she just wasn't up for playing super happy at the moment. "Hi Pep."

"We set up a room for you." Pepper told her giving her a soft smile as they pulled out of their hug.

"Great view." tony added from nearby, Y/n turned her head to look at her uncle with furrowed brows. So he continued. "It's the one you always loved to sit in when you'd visit."

Y/n smiled a little brighter at him, and at the fact that he with how busy his life is would remember that. "Thanks."

"No problem kiddo." Tony shook his head waving off the good, kind, sweet hearted thing he did for her.

Y/n almost laughed, her uncle never liked having the nice things he did for those he cared about acknowledged. "I'm gonna go out my stuff up there."

"Take your time." Pepper nodded

Y/n started to head up the stairs, but before she made it to the top, Tony called out. "Hey, Y/n/n."

"Yeah." she said turning to look down at him.

"Pizza? Dinner." He snapped his fingers pulling out his phone.

"Sure. You know what I like." Y/n nodded smiling at him. She took a few more steps before she stopped and looked at him again. "Uncle Tony. It sounds good."

Once Y/n was upstairs Pepper turned to Tony with a sad expression. "She's holding it together well, but she's going to break sooner or later."

Tony agreed, Y/n was holding it together but that couldn't last forever. "And I'll be there for her when she does."

Pepper watched him, knowing him to well. "Tony, you need to let it out too you know."

"I will. In my own way." Tony nodded as he continued to find the pizza place's number in his contacts.

"Breaking things or fixing things?" Peper answered crossing her arms over her chest with raised eyebrows. When would he learn to just talk to someone about his feelings?

"I'm feeling like a little bit of both." Tony smiled as he finally found the number and pressed dial.

"I'm here if you need to talk." Pepper called after him as he headed towards the kitchen.

Tony gave a wave of his hands and a short nod before pointing to his phone. "Got it. Now pizza. It won't order itself."

~

Part #2 ?