Chapter 7 [ ill Mannered ]

The next morning I woke up by the sunrays that are entering my room.

I slowly opened my eyes and a genuine smile made way on my lips as after so many days I slept so peacefully and I am fully refreshed. I looked at the clock which is striking at sharp 7 o'clock.

I got up and went into the washroom to freshen up. After that, I made my way downstairs to join the others for breakfast. I entered the dining area and the moment my eyes landed on my mother, all the memories of yesterday came back.

Her mean tone.

Her raised voice.

The shouting.

The allegations.

Everything.

I felt a pang in my chest but nevertheless, I silently sat down on my chair muttering a small Salam to everyone.

"Walaikumas salam" I heard Zulfi's voice.

I was applying jam on toast when I heard my mother clearing her throat that made my grip on the knife tighter as I know that she is going to say something that will be directed towards me.

"Farah, after breakfast, come to my room. I have something to talk about with you"

I hardly uttered an "okay" to her and after that everybody just silently had their breakfasts.

I am stunned that my father hasn't said a word to me till now.

Is he upset with me ?

Soon the breakfast ends and my father and Zulfi went in their respective rooms to get ready for the day. While I forced my legs to move towards my mother's room.

Reaching in front of her door. I knocked lightly earning a small "come in" from the other side.

I slightly opened the door and went in.
"Sit down Farah" she said and I quietly obeyed her. Sitting beside her I was waiting for her to speak.

She took my hands in her and slightly pressed it while her eyes got a little teary.

"I am Sorry my daughter for yelling at you. I know I am not a good mother, but please don't hate me Farah. I was worried for you and I felt hurt knowing my daughter is going through the Trauma all on her own and telling us that she is perfectly fine. I was hurt that you do not share things with me and prefer your diary over me. But I know that you must have your own reasons. And I know that I don't have any right to snatch away your only source of comfort from you. I am so sorry for what I did and for what i said. Can you forgive me this time Farah?"

Tears welled up in my eyes at her words. It is true that I love her so much although I know that this apology will not last for very long.

But I hate seeing anyone crying for me specially my mother. So I hugged her and let my tears flow in her warm embrace.

"It is okay Ammi. I was not upset with you at all. I was just hurt. I forgive you Ammi" I said sniffing in between.

"Farah you know that you can share anything with me right?" I got out of her embrace and looked at her.

"Ammi, I am getting late for university, we will talk some other time" I said smiling a little and got up.

"Do you still think that......." She stopped in between her sentence and I can sense that she is contemplating whether to complete the sentence or not.

"Allah hafiz Ammi. Take care" I said rushed out of the room. I don't have any courage to listen whatever she have to say. But I felt as if she was going to say something that would be hard for me to answer.

Himजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें