Evalyn sat up criss cross style. Her wild curls fully free and draping down her torso. She was now in one of Remus' grandpa sweaters and a pair of shorts. Her eyebrows flew up as she looked down at the clothing. He laughed and held his hands up, "I didn't look, I swear. All magic."

"I miss him." Remus nodded and summoned a comb. He silently detangled her curls while she continued. "I miss James. And Sirius." She mumbled the last name but Remus still caught it. "I still love him."

"I know Evalyn, I know."

After her curls were taken care of, she got up and made her way to the Forest. Sirius took note of two things when she came close. Her teary eyes and the masculine sweater that covered her body. However, instead of commenting on the second thing, he held her as she ran forward to embrace him. Her body shook as she cried.

His hold brought a calm feeling to Evalyn. His hands gently ran through her hair, being careful to not mess them up. He knew the reason for the plaits, but it thrilled him to see her hair down and flowing. She closed her eyes and listened as he hummed a song the Effie would sing to him after coming from his parents'. "I went to the Manor today."

"What'd you find love?"

A simple question, there was no questioning why, no claiming that she was daft for setting herself up to get hurt. "A few things to give to Harry and a letter from James to me." She pulled it out and handed it to him. His own grey eyes became watery seeing his best friend's scribbles.

"We will get him back for this love, I swear to you." He pulled her further into him so they could get comfortable under the stars.

"I want him to pay. He deserves the suffering." Sirius has never heard such words coming from the witch. She has always been willing to understand someone's reasoning. Always willing to let someone go, no matter what they did. It made him both slightly terrified and excited at the same time. Pretty soon, the couple fell into a deep slumber, huddled close in the other's embrace.

Evalyn made her way to the Gryffindor common room. She wanted to place her gift without Harry seeing it was from her. She left a little note inside the bag, and set it under the tree before walking out.

Harry padded his way to Hermione and Ron. A small stack of presents were sat aside for him. He opened a knitted Weasley sweater, a box of fudge, some quidditch accessories from Hermione, and a box of small pranking items from the twins. Two packages were left. He grabbed the bag and opened it carefully. Inside were his father's quidditch jumper, a set of badges and a small blanket. A note fell out and he read over the witch's handwriting explaining the gift. He smiled to himself and held the jumper with tight fists. Next was a something big wrapped hastily in brown paper. He opened it up and inside was —

"A Firebolt?!" Evalyn squeaked out as the Headmaster spoke to her.

The old wizard nodded and Evalyn felt a force try and enter her mind. She raised an eyebrow at him. "I had no part in this." And it was true, she had no idea he was going to give him a broom. Mentally, she face palmed because how could he be so daft, if she had known she could have put her name on it. "I'm so sorry Dumbledore."

It was decided they would take it apart and check it for any issues. Evalyn thought it was fair considering what they assumed happened. As she was walking down a corridor, someone tapped on her arm. She turned around and was met by Harry and Ron. The bespectacled boy held a sheepish look before hugging her. "Thank you for the gift."

A bright smile found her face, "Of course Harry, I figured you might want that stuff." She wrapped her arms around the boy. "I am sorry about not telling you, I figured you wouldn't give me the chance if you knew."

"You're probably right. I forgive you." He pulled away and both boys waved at her before running off.

"Hey Mr Weasley!" Evalyn called out, the red head turned around quickly. "Where's your rat?"

"He's around somewhere, the bloody cat keeps scaring him off." He grumbled before making his leave again.

Evalyn threw a glare at Sirius as the man chuckled. "A Firebolt? Are you serious?"

He smirked and ran a hand through his hair, "Of course I am, at least that's what the papers say." He grabbed her wrist just as she went to slap his arm. "The kid needed a new broom, and my godson will get the best of the best."

"1- OUR godson" with a heavy emphasis put on the word 'our' "And 2- you left no note! If you would have told me, I would have put my name on it so it wouldn't be confiscated!"

"You always were the smart one in the relationship." Sirius shrugged and sat down, patting the empty space next to him. When Evalyn sat, he wrapped an arm around her waist and dragged her close. He nuzzled his face into the side of her neck. His warm breath caused goosebumps to appear on her arms. "But Merlin, he's a bloody fantastic seeker."

"You're not wrong, imagine what he'd be like when he gets this broom." The witch twirled rings around Sirius' finger, paying special attention to his wedding band. "I hope when we get Peter, me you and Harry can live together. We could be a little family."

"I want nothing more love."