"No don't," That seemed to have gotten her attention, fast hurried steps were heard before her curtain was snapped opened and I was face to face with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

We were separated by the glass of her window, her hair was wet from the shower and she was in my graphic shirt that reached her midthigh. When she wore it during our weekend together, she mentioned how much she liked it so naturally I slid it into her duffel bag when she wasn't looking.

She looked at me, I looked at her. The guilt evident in her gaze. She slid her window open and I was moving before she said anything, wrapped my hand around the back of her neck and pulled her into a kiss.

She returned the kiss with the same level of ferocity as me, kissing her always made my body to react in unexplainable ways all I knew was that I always needed more when it came to her. I craved the feeling I got by being around her more and more.

The kiss deepened and turned into so much more than just a kiss, it was an exchange of something so much deeper, so much stronger.

I pulled back but kept my forehead pressed against hers, "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't push me away, Darlin," I said in a low whisper.

She stared for a moment or two before averting her gaze downward. She pulled back completely turned back and taking a few steps deeper into her bedroom, I took that as an invitation to climb inside.

"I'm sorry but I have to," Was all she said, facing her bedroom door her back towards me, "I can't put you in danger,"

"In danger? It's quite the opposite Darlin, you being with me with make me the happiest man alive,"

She shook her head whipping her body around to face me, "Aiden the weekend we spent together, it was magical but it was not reality, far from it. When I got here on Sunday I got a brutal reality check that snapped me out of the fairy tail that I was living and I now understand that it's better to keep our distance,"

I took a few steps in her direction, distance was the last thing I wanted between us, "What happened? Is everything okay?"

"It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, life just decided to show me what was in store for me if I continued being delusional,"

I shook my head, "Kris, fuck, don't give me vague answers. Tell me what happened," I demanded.

She stared at me, hesitating for a second before she began. Telling me how she went out on her own on Sunday night after a disagreement with Aunt Jenna and how she was followed by three masked men, and how one of them called her 'Darlin' my nickname for her.

I was seeing red, I hired two guards to watch her 24/7 and they had somehow missed their only target living the house completely alone. Anger was bubbling up inside me but I pushed it away and suppressed it to the best of my ability. They would be hearing from me.

"You said the men were wearing white masks," She nodded, she had moved to sit on her bed I stayed up unable to sit still at the thought of what could've happened if they had caught up to her. "Darlin, I don't think those men have anything to do with your father,"

Her brows knitted in confusion, "What?"

"I've been seeing them too, their appearances are becoming more and more frequent; sometimes I see them while running errands, while driving. I know for a fact that my father is the reason behind their appearances, I didn't make a fuss about it at first because to me they were just guards that my father hired to spy on me, but now that he's getting you involved it's a whole different story,"

The first appearance of the group of masked men started at the ball Kris and I went to, he told me that I'd be seeing more of him and that's exactly what happened. I would see them here and there but I didn't really put much thought into it; they never approached me only lurked around before disappearing. But them getting Kris involved, My Kristal really put things into perspective.

Her face flashed with an array of emotions, first it was relief–her father wasn't involved with the mysterious masked men– then guilt, then worry when I reached for my suit jacket that I took off and threw on her bed at some point during her recap of what happened.

"Where are you going?" She asked getting up from her spot.

"To talk to him, I know my father is up to something and I will not let him get you involved in any way," I said as I was putting on my jacket.

"Wait," She reached in and gripped my arm stopping me, her gaze was on mine and slowly moved down to the floor, "I-I'm sorry, I know I said I wouldn't push you away again," She brought her gaze back to me, "but I'm scared Aiden, I'm so scared," Her voice cracked and I swear I felt my heart crack too, "I don't know what my father's capable of and I just freak out at any sign of his presence, I freak out at the thought that me might hurt you and Aunt Jenna and it'll all be my fault and–"

"Shh," I pulled her into my arms stopping her from going any further, her arms wrapped around my torso and I felt her slowly relax against my body. "Kris, I'm here to stay okay? I'm aware of everything that could happen and I choose to stay, I want to be with you and I want to be there for you. Promise me that next time you feel scared you'll tell me, you'll talk to me and we'll come up with a solution together. Promise me you won't push me away because it's 'better if we keep our distance' when all I want is to be around you at all times,"

She pulled back from the embrace a soft lazy smile lifted her face, "I promise," She got up on her tiptoes to give my lips a quick peck but before she could pull away I wrapped an arm around her waist and held her up, kissing her so she could taste the truth on my lips. A low hum slipped past her lips, a confirmation that she felt it too she knew that I meant every fucking word.

I blacked out on the ride to my father's house, I was completely and utterly consumed by rage. Not only for my father but for the idiots who called themselves guards for letting her leave on her own, for almost letting god knows what happen to her.

The door to his office flew open with so much force that it hit the wall, I marched right in not carrying about anything else. There he sat in his desk in front of his computer, my abrupt entry caused him to quickly reach for a drawer where I'm assuming he kept a weapon. He slowly retrieved his hand when he realized that it was just me.

"What the fuck are you planning?" He stared at me like I had grown two heads, "Your little minions, the men in the white masks, why the fuck are they following my girlfriend?" The word slipped from my lips with such ease and it pleased me.

He relaxed and leaned back on his chair, unbothered. "Girlfriend huh? Throwing serious titles on such temporary things are we son," He said in a mocking tone.

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

He smirked, "Patience, you will know when the time is right,"

That was all the confirmation I needed, something was terribly wrong and as much as I tried to dig up answers with the information I found in the office, I was always coming up short.

I pointed my index finger right at him, "You fucking leave her out of it, do whatever the fuck you want to me but she stays out,"

He chuckled, it was low and sounded like a stereotypical cartoon villain, "I'm a fair man, since you asked so nicely I'll tell them to stop following her," I stared not believing him in the slightest, "I mean it," I stared a little while longer trying to read him to the best of my ability.

"I really hope you do because I don't know what I'll do to you if I find out that you've gotten her involved in whatever mess you're orchestrating," I turned to leave but he spoke again.

"One word of advice Aiden, don't get too invested in this. . ." He paused searching for the right word, "relationship of yours because it won't go anywhere, it's all temporary,"

What is that supposed to mean...??
Thanks for coming along on another chapter my loves<33
IG: jasw.rites