Chapter 36

Aiden Vasilakis

Aiden Vasilakis

She had been ignoring me the past four days.

I wasn't ashamed to admit that it hurt like a bitch.

Maybe it was naive of me to assume that the weekend had we spent together changed something between us, well at least to me it did. That weekend made me realize a couple of things.

First, how much I truly admired Kristal Anderson, our weekend together served to confirm how fucking strong she was. She was dragged to hell and back and she was still here, still standing when many would have given up ages ago.

And secondly, how head over heels I was for her. I had fallen and I made no effort to get up, I wanted to stay down; on my fucking knees for her if necessary.

I knew I was screwed when I felt her on me, when I got a taste of her and when I buried myself into the depths of her soul. I knew that that was a feeling I wouldn't wanna live without.

So the fact that she'd been ignoring me for the past four days was absolutely soul crushing. I wanted her with me at all times, I fucking needed her like she was my last breath of air.

For the first two days I decided to give her some time, maybe our weekend together overwhelmed her, maybe she needed a little bit of time to think. So as much as it pained my fucking soul I gave her the space she needed; I knew that her situation was complex to say the least so I was patient, I didn't push, I gave her time. But I still couldn't stop myself from sending her a good morning text like I did every morning as well as random updates throughout the day that went completely unread by her.

Last night when I came home from work to find that her curtains still remained close, I grew a little worried. So I climbed up to her room and knocked on her window, I asked if she was there, if she was okay but I got nothing in response. When I pressed my ear to the glass and called out her name, all I got in response was a faint shuffling sound. She was there. She was okay.

That was enough for some of my worries to wither away so I left it at that; climbed back down and headed home.

But tonight I couldn't bring myself to be satisfied with just watching a shadow of her figure move across her bedroom, I needed to see her, speak with her, reignite her taste on my lips.

I waited until I watched her silhouette walk inside and climbed up to her window, knocking on the glass.

"Kris, I know you're in there,"

No response.

"Darlin, please just say something I need to hear your voice,"

No response.
"I miss you,"

No.Response.

I let out a sigh, "Fuck Kris, this is killing me, I'm this close to knocking on your front door and telling your Aunt everything–"