Chapter 30

Kristal Anderson

Kristal Anderson

His eyes search mine complete and utter confusion laced in them, he parts his lips but no words come out.

In that very moment all I wanted was the ability to read minds, I needed to know what he was thinking in that exact moment. The small sliver of confidence I had mustered in order to utter those words was slowly slipping from my grasp at the thought of him regretting what he said earlier.

The silence spread between us for a few long dreadful beats. My mouth grew dry and I felt myself slowly deflate as the shame took over.

This was a mistake.

A big one.

One that would probably alter our friendship forever. If not ruin it.

"N-nevermind, please forget I said anything," The words slipped from my lips before I could really process them, I turned and got ready to bolt back home and cry myself to sleep for at least a few nights.

But as soon as I turned to face away from him, a hand gripped my arm firm but gentle as he spun me around to face him and before I could process what was happening a pair of soft plump lips were on mine.

His soft plump lips. Aiden's soft plump lips.

Something awakened in me the second his lips met mine, something electrifying and raw and deep.

It was unlike anything I'd ever felt before, sure I'd kissed my fair share of guys but nothing like this. None of them made my body ignite like this from the slightest touch of their lips to mine.

My entire body felt like it was on fire and it was the most delicious feeling to ever exist. That delicious burn only intensified when his hand moved from it's spot on my arm down to my waist, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer until I was pressed against him.

His tongue moved to ask for entry and I gladly let him in, kissing him deeper. He tasted like cherries with a minty undertone, a flavor combination that I didn't know I craved.

The kiss was deep and raw and it shared something that a thousand words couldn't  even begin to describe. Our tongues moved in unison, already establishing a pace of their own, like they were communicating in a language of their own.

My heart was beating out of my chest and I prayed to the God's that he couldn't feel it with his chest that was pressed against mine.

The kiss slowing grew in intensity and I fully gave into it, it was addictive, euphoric, earth-shattering and every possible synonym for those words. I never wanted it to stop.

My hand slowly slid upwards and wrapped itself around the back of his neck, that caused a low rumble to vibrate from deep in his chest. My fingers landed right over his pulse point and I'm glad they did because it served as a confirmation that he was feeling the same way; his heart was beating just as fast as mine. If not faster.