Chapter 14 - To Turn Around (1:10)

Author's Note: We're gonna try to go back to weekly releases. Hopefully. :)

~ Amina Gila

"Vision?" She's being careful at least, cautious, and keeping her distance. That's a good thing. She's not going to leave me alone until I talk, which I don't wanna do. I did too much of that already, thanks.

I don't say anything, but she steps inside, sitting down beside me. It almost reminds me of how she approached Crosshair back in on Kamino. She touches my shoulder, gentle and soft and warm.

I nearly killed her.

I inhale shakily with a shuddering near-sob.

"It wasn't your fault," she tells me gently.

I shake my head, hissing. "Don't say that. It – it could've been. I would – I –" The tears start coming now, and I blink against it, trying to calm. Hunter taught me how to keep calm, how to focus on breathing instead of the... things I See around me. He has to do it to deal with his senses, and he taught me to do the same to try controlling my Sight. I can't do that right now, though.

"It's okay," she repeats, "I knew it wasn't you."

"We could've killed each other!" I burst out finally, "How doesn't that – it –"

She stays, calm and steady, despite the fear I saw in her not long ago. She's putting it aside for me, and that's wrong. It's – she's not supposed to do that.

"I could hurt any of you, and I'd do it because I wanted to." They can say what they may, and I believe Tech, but I also kind of... don't. I can't. They don't understand. "If I could do this, what else could I do?"

"Viz," 'mega says, gentle and firm in a way that reminds me disturbingly of Hunter. "I trust you."

"And maybe you shouldn't!" I want to scream. I don't know how to – to deal with this. "I don't even know who I am," I hiss, struggling to hold back tears.

"I do." The calm, levelness in her tone makes me look at her. Her eyes are as soft and adoring as they always are. "You're my sister."

She says it like it's so simple, but it's not. "I'm not like you, Omega. I never have been." I bite my lip, forcing a shaky inhale. "I – I'm different." I'm nothing, no one, and just once, I'd like to feel like I mattered.

Like I...

I have Omega and I know she cares, and that should be enough, but here's something missing that nothing can fill. Except our family finally being together for the first time.

I wish I could believe her, that I mean something because she is, that I... am what she is, but I'm not. I'm special in a way I don't want to be, even if it's what I am. Seeing can help, but it's exhausting. And I don't mind being weird, but sometimes...

I just feel so alone. The only other person who understood my abilities to a point was Anakin Skywalker, and I have no idea what happened to him. I Saw that bright fire once, and I want it again.

"I'm supposed to help," I continue, "I should've seen, stopped it, but I – I –"

"I'm back now," she attempts reassuring, "That's all that matters."

"We shouldn't've been apart in the first place." Probably wouldn't have been, if I hadn't asked Hunter to promise to choose her over me, if I hadn't been too afraid to stay with her throughout everything on Bracca. "We need to stick together."

"Yeah," she agrees quietly, "Nothing goes well when we're apart." She hooks an arm over my shoulders, pulling me into a hug, and I can't resist leaning into it a little, pressing my face to her neck and squeezing my eyes shut.