Chapter 5 - Don't Need No Savior (1:2-3)

Author's Note: I stupidly thought the drama wouldn't start just yet?? xDXD

~ Rivana Rita

PS. This is for the square "confessions" on the Clone OC bingo. :)

~ Amina Gila

There are so many things I could say to that, but I don't even – I'm supposed to be one of them. It's the only place in the galaxy we belong.

"Why?" Omega asks, hurt flaring across her face. "Did we do something wrong?"

"You need a family," Hunter replies, "They're good people. They'll give you the lives you deserve."

"You – you can't just get rid of us," I protest, desperation washing through me, and I don't even care how frantic I sound. I probably should. "I'm one of you! I –"

"What does it take to be one of you?"

He never did confirm it.

"We've – it's the only life we've known," I continue, and I really, really just want to cry. I don't know why he's doing this. "We're a squad. We – we're supposed to stick together." Or does that not matter, because Crosshair ditched us first?"

"But... we want to stay here," Omega objects. Her voice is shaky, desperate.

"It's all we've ever had." I can't even care that every shred of the desperation I feel is leaking into my voice, or that I'm nearly pleading, because this – it's all I've ever had. "It's the only place we belong!"

"Quit holding up the line," a reg snaps in the background, and we need to move, but I can't go, because this is all we've had, but staying will draw attention, but I can't just walk away.

Hunter glances up, then back at us. He's reluctant, but he's still doing it. "You have to go, Vision, Omega. It's for your own good." He stands, pushing us towards the line.

... I probably need to get my weapons hidden, actually.

"But –" I start protesting, a million things on my mind. "I – I can't go there like this," I blurt out. "My blaster is..."

He glances towards Cut and Suu. "I'll take it," he says, reaching out, and I want to scream because Hunter gave this to me, and it's all that marks me as one of them. I can't – can't – give it up.

I do anyway.

I still have a comm though so maybe – maybe I can still contact them.

"And – and I didn't have time to tell you, but I told Echo, and I dreamed about someone after us. They were chasing us. We need you, Hunter."

He hesitates, indecision warring on his face, before sighing. "Vision, if someone's after you, it's because of us. Go," Hunter says, nudging me forwards. I want to scream. Or cry. Or both, but Omega's moving, and I follow her instinctively. At least we're still together.

I pull out my knife, crossing my arms, tucking the blade up against my body, hidden under my arm. Is it dangerous? Little bit, but I don't quite care if I stab myself right now.

"I just lost Crosshair," I manage finally, itching to grab 'mega's hand, but I can't. "I can't lose them too."

We file into the line with Cut and Suu, and just wait. And watch. I can't look back, even though Omega keeps throwing glances back. Omega's arm wraps around my shoulders and I lean closer, pressing against her.

"I know," she whispers back, "We have to go back."

I look at her for the first time, the world blurring over, and I want to wipe my eyes, but I can't well do that without revealing my knife. "How?"