Chapter 35 - A New Power/Princess Twilight's Return

(Author's Note: Battle Theme Music. Stop at 3:10)

You and Ryker face off against each other. Your swords were colliding with each other as you two tried to land some attacks. You kept deflecting his sword and he does the same thing. You're both evenly matched with each other. You then dodge his attack and attempt to cut him. He quickly defends.

Meanwhile, outside the ring, your girlfriends, your friends, the students of CHS, the students of Crystal Prep, the Principals, and your parents were watching the whole thing.

Fluttershy: Why are we just standing here? Shouldn't we help him?

(D/N): We cannot interfere.

Rainbow Dash: Why?

(D/N): Whenever someone issues a challenge against the alpha, the alpha is the only one who can challenge them.

Hiccup: Is that part of the dragon laws?

(D/N): Yes. It is. (Y/N) accepted the challenge, meaning that we cannot interfere. All we can do is watch.

Sunset gets worried. The shadowbolts then come over to your family. Your dad recognizes Lemon Zest and Sugarcoat.

(D/N): You two were there when my boy was in the nurse's office. Isn't that right?

Lemon Zest: Yeah. That's us.

Applejack turns to them.

Applejack: Wait, y'all helped out (Y/N)?

Sugarcoat: Well, me and Lemon Zest did. We saw him engulfed in flames, denting some lockers, and enraged.

Lemon Zest: He collapsed on the floor after that, and me, Sugarcoat, and Fleur De Lis carried him to the nurse.

Indigo Zap: That happened?

Lemon Zest nods.

(D/N): I can't thank you both enough for saving him. I know you're Lemon Zest, but who are you four?

Sugarcoat: I'm Sugarcoat.

Indigo Zap: I'm Indigo Zap.

Sunny Flare: I'm Sunny Flare.

Sour Sweet: (sweetly) And I'm Sour Sweet.

(D/N): It's nice to meet you all.

Indigo Zap: So you're the guy that Cinch keeps obsessing over?

(D/N): Yes. I am.

Lemon Zest: Well, we came here to apologize for what she did to your son. We had no idea she was doing this.

(D/N): There's no need to apologize. You weren't involved with this.

Sunny Flare: But we didn't know what was happening.

Hiccup: It's alright. We forgive you five.

Back at the fight, you and Ryker continued to swing your swords at each other. Deflecting each other's attacks. You then knock Ryker's sword out of his hand and it goes flying. He gets a little scared. You attempt to slash him, but he dodges. He then goes to his sword and picks it up. You go to slash him, but he blocks it in time. Ryker then pushes you back. He then charges at you and attempts to slash you. You keep blocking it with your dragon blade. You then kick Ryker in the stomach causing him to go flying. You get back up and point your blade towards him.

(Y/N): Not bad, Ryker. Not bad indeed. I was expecting a harder challenge, but I like where this is going.

Ryker lets out a chuckle.