Chapter 31:The mystery of broken glass pieces

Start from the beginning

He clearly remembered he had left the house saying 'if she can throw me out of her life and be happy without me, then I can too.' But deep down, he knew he couldn't be happy without her. She had always been the center of his life.

He didn't realize how much she meant to him until he found himself begging her. This was the man who could make others beg him, yet he didn't hesitate to plead with his wife.

He started to feel foolish for trusting her again. What frustrated him most was that he had made the same mistake all over again. Despite everything he had endured over the past four years, he still found himself trusting her and falling for her, repeating the same painful pattern.

Since last two days he purposely kept himself busy with work yet nothing seemed to distract him. Abhimanyu has become a bomb of anger and frustration, one single mistake of anyone, and he would burst like a bomb on them, regardless of who it was and how small the mistake was.

He wanted to confront Shivani, to shout at her, but instead, he was bottling up his anger, unaware that it was building up and could eventually explode, hurting others in the process.

Everyone in the hospital had noticed the change in his mood and behavior, and they were all being cautious not to trigger his anger.

His once gentle eyes had turned even colder than before. His jaw always clenched, as if the muscles had forgotten how to relax.

His every movement sharp and erratic, his voice loud and harsh, His words short and laced with venom. Everyone was scared to enter his cabin, and Vikram was going through a tough time dealing with him and his mood swings.

But is it necessary whatever our eyes see is always right? Everyone noticed his changed behavior, but no one saw the reason behind it.

Abhimanyu masked his pain so well with anger that others failed to see the pain behind it. His heart, which others doubt was made of stone, was bleeding with the weight of betrayal and broken trust.

The eyes which seemed cold to others were trying to hide the tears that were threatening to fall. But he was swallowing it back, unwilling to appear weak in front of her or the world.

His loud, harsh voice was a shield, masking the broken voice beneath it, afraid others will hear it and beneath his anger lies a broken heart that was torn apart by his wife once again.

Whenever he closes his eyes, he sees Shivani laughing at him for getting fooled once again. Abhimanyu didn't want to show Shivani that she had broken him again, that she affected him, or that he still yearned for her. He didn't want to show her how badly she broke him. She started this, and he will make sure to end it well.

The knock on the door broke his chain of thoughts, pulling him back to the harsh reality. He opened his eyes only to see Vikram entering his cabin with a grin.

"Sir these reports need your signature too" Vikram said as soon as he felt Abhimanyu's gaze. He nodded and motioned him to keep them on his desk.

Vikram glanced at his desk and was surprised to see it overflowing with files and reports, barely leaving any space for more. It was proof that Abhi was working excessively to keep himself busy and away from his wife's thoughts, but we all know he was failing miserably.

To add to his workload, Abhi also had several surgeries scheduled for the day. Vikram sighed quietly, understanding ki Abhi Ke samne muh kholna matlab Khud Ke pair par kulhadi maarna.(that speaking up in front of Abhi meant inviting trouble for himself.)

He walked towards his desk and somehow tried to adjust the files on it. In doing so, a simple brown color diary fell on the floor with a 'thud' sound, catching vikram's attention. He picked it up slowly and looked at it surprisingly "omg, Sir diary likhte hai" (Oh my gosh, Sir writes a diary) he exclaimed, thinking that the diary belonged to Abhi.