(GN) Ch. 88 - Trust

Chase POV

"How?" Kiera was at a loss for words as she stared at the large fountain with fairy lights, bright flowers, and a woven picnic basket.

"There are a few perks to being Alpha." I smiled in delight that Kiera looked so overwhelmed by the beautiful scenery Maggie had created for us. I had only asked for some food for a late-night picnic. Maggie seemed to have gone a little overboard to make it look as magical as possible for us, which I'm not complaining about.

I grabbed the soft purple blanket lying next to the basket and spread it out over the grass. "Come join me for a little snack, Cherie." I nodded for her to sit while I grabbed the basket.

Maggie went all out, too: chocolate strawberries, triangular finger sandwiches, and a small assortment of veggies with dip. There was even a bottle of champagne and two fluted glasses.

"This is gorgeous, Chase."

"I would love to take the credit, especially seeing that glowing smile on your face, but this was mostly Maggie. I think she is rooting for us." I spoke with excitement in my tone as I popped the cork. "Champagne, Cherie?"

"I would love some, thank you." She grabbed both glasses and held them out for me to pour.

"We got some sandwiches, fruit and veggies too." I held up a chocolate strawberry, and those plush lips wrapped around it, making me instantly hard. Why did she have to be so damn sexy?

"Mm, that is delicious. Goes perfectly with some bubbly." She toasted her glass to mine and then took a sip. I watched her like it was pure magic how she drank down the pale gold liquid and then nibbled on the food beside us.

"Goddess, I'm so in love with you." I blurted out like a little boy and didn't care one bit how desperate I was to have her. She shifted my whole world, and I never wanted to know a life without her.

"Wow, you don't hold back, do you, Chase?" She gave me a nervous smile as her teeth came down on her bottom lip. I didn't care she didn't say it back; I didn't need her to, and I understood where she was coming from. It would take Kiera months, maybe even years, to fully let go of her past and trust a man again. I wish it weren't that way, but I would wait forever for her to love me back.

"Not with you, love. Now that I made this incredibly awkward, why don't we change the subject, and you tell me that the doctor gave you a clean bill of health."

She looked down sadly, her lips keeping a small smile to try and hide the pain.

"What is it, Cherie? I'm here, and I want to make sure you are always taken care of."

"I'm ok, Chase. I appreciate your concern, but I don't need to be taken care of."

I moved closer, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Perfect health or not, you deserved to be worshipped, and that is exactly what I'm going to do for the rest of my life."

She looked deep into my eyes, struggling with her own fears to trust what I said to be true.

"Would that be true even if I can't give you any children?" She spoke softly, tears forming in those big, gorgeous eyes.

"I want you, every part of you, just as you are, Cherie." My fingers brushed back her silky white blond hair. The beauty this woman held was ethereal.

"Dr. Hazel said there is a lot of scar tissue from when my body was trying to heal while suppressed with Silver. It would be almost impossible to have children, and if I did become pregnant, I would likely miscarry." Kiera tried her hardest to appear unaffected as she spoke this heartbreaking news. Her eyes blinked rapidly, and when a single tear escaped, she quickly hid her face from me.