Chapter Twenty Four: Order of Merlin revoked

"We've got to go", Hope said, checking her watch, "we've got to meet Hermione and get down in the hospital wing before Dumbledore locks the door to the hospital wing in ten minutes. 

"Okay", Harry finally looked away from the sky, "let's go..." 

The two of them began to descend back down the tower. At the bottom of it they heard voices talking, she thought perhaps it was Snape and Fudge speaking again, but they never got close enough to be sure. 

Once their footsteps died away she and Harry began to run in the opposite direction. Hope lead the way, as she always did around the school. Leading them down one staircase then across one corridor, through a secret passageway disguised as a wall. 

"Peeves!", Harry gasped.

Up ahead they could hear a cackling sound. 

"In here!", She grabbed Harry and pulled him into an empty classroom. Peeves bounced past them cheerily laughing. 

"Through here", she pulled him back behind the teachers desk and opened a secret hatch underneath it. The passageway came out two floors below them and they began to sprint towards the hospital wing. 

"Hermione!", She spotted the brown haired girl standing just around the corner from the hospital wing, she was biting at her nails anxiously. 

"You made it! Come on! Come on!" 

She grabbed Hope once she was in range and pulled her forward. 

They didn't run this time, they walked as fast as they dared, trying to be quiet. The door to the hospital wing opened and Dumbledore's back appeared. 

"I am going to lock you in", he was saying, "it is five minutes to midnight, Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck." 

Dumbledore backed out of the room and closed it behind him. He pulled out his wand to lock the door. 

"Wait!", Hope gasped. 

He turned to look at them, a wide smile appeared on his face. 

"Well?", He asked quietly. 

"We did it!", Said Harry, out of breath, "Sirius is gone, on Buckbeak." 

"Well done", he beamed at them, "I think - yes I think you've gone too - get inside and I'll lock you in." 

They slipped back inside. It was empty except for Ron, who was still lying motionless in his bed. The lock clicked behind them and they all crept back to their own beds. They'd only just all sat down when Madam Pomfrey walked out of her office. 

"Did I hear the headmaster leaving? Am I allowed to look after my patients now?" 

She was in a rather bad mood. So none of them chose to argue as she fed them chocolate and told them to rest. Hope must have been on her fourth chocolate bar when they heard a roar of fury from high above them. 

"What was that?", Asked Madam Pomfrey in alarm. 

Angry voices were approaching, growing louder and louder. 

"He must have Disapparated Severus. We should have left somebody in the room with him. When this gets out -" 

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE", That voice was Snapes, "YOU CAN'T APPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS - HAS- SOMETHING- TO - DO -WITH - POTTER!" 

"Severus - be reasonable - Harry has been locked up -" 

The door of the hospital wing burst open. 

Fudge, Snape and Dumbledore were standing in the doorway. Snape looked furious.