Chapter Five: The Leaky Cauldron

Hope never would have imagined how much she enjoyed living at Malfoy Manor. The daily's schedules only became more insane as she stayed, but she began to properly enjoy it. The fancy family dinners where she got to meet interesting people, the private lessons with Professor MacLennan where she felt like she was learning more than she'd learned in her two years at Hogwarts, the shopping with Narcissa where they purchased her dresses for all sorts of events.

By the end of the week Hope almost didn't want to return home. Even things between herself and Draco had improved, they were no longer snarky with each other, and had even begun to properly enjoy spending time together. One of her favourite pastimes was playing quidditch with Draco after their various dinner parties, the quidditch pitch had lights that magically illuminated the pitch so they could play at night.

She had sent a letter to her father earlier in the week to ask what had happened to Harry and he'd assured her that Harry was safe and staying at the leaky cauldron. With tomorrow being the first of September (when the school term started) Hope had decided to stay at the leaky cauldron with Harry to keep him company. She'd packed up all her things (she'd had to buy a new bag to contain all the clothes she'd been bought) and the Malfoys escorted her outside to the front garden and said goodbye while their driver packed her bags into the car.

"I'm so, so glad you decided to come stay with us", Narcissa told her, giving her a hug, "you must come to stay with us again, perhaps we could arrange a visit over the Christmas holidays?"

"That sounds wonderful", Hope beamed, she couldn't imagen what kind of extravagant holiday agenda the Malfoys would have, but she would be very excited to find out.

Lucius stepped forward to say something but was interrupted by a small tingle of a bell. Someone was ringing the bell at the front gate. Lucius quickly retreated towards the door and spoke into a hole that had appeared in the wall.

"Who is it?", He asked in his cold, but polite tone.

Hope couldn't hear who was on the other side, Lucius had to place his ear almost entirely over the hole to listen. His expression darkened and he waved his wand, allowing the car inside the gate.

"Who is it?", Narcissa asked, "we're not expecting anyone."

"It's Cornelius", Lucius straightened his robes, "he's here to speak to us about Black."

Hope quickly flattened down any wrinkles in her black dress, and tried to stand up straight, putting a smile on her face. The minister was in the back seat of a car similar to the Malfoys, but his was slightly smaller, and his driver didn't appear to open the door for him. The minister stepped out, his bowler hat clutched in his hand.

"Lucius", He greeted, a wide smile on his face, "it's good to see you."

The two of them shook hands.

"You remember my wife, Narcissa", Lucius gestured towards her, "and my son and niece Draco and Evangeline."

He gave them all a smile. Hope wondered if he even recognized her, they had been introduced before from her father, but perhaps he met too many people to remember one face.

"I'd love to be here with better news Lucius", Fudge began, "I've already contacted Dumbledore, and he's told me that Hope was staying here."

"You were told correctly", Lucius once again gestured to where Hope was standing.

"My apologies", Fudge turned towards her, "I was unaware that the Dumbledore's were related to the Malfoys."

"It is only Evangeline", Lucius corrected, "on her mothers side. The Dumbledore's have no other connection with our family."