thirty-two.

"Have you ever thought about selling this house?"

Kyojuro's question was a bit sudden and I didn't really know how to answer instantly.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you know... you could move into town and we could be closer then. We wouldn't have to rent a room every time"

We were sitting outside my house in front of a campfire, grilling sweet potatoes as he somehow bought enough to feed a whole army. Well, I couldn't blame him, he loved it. And I was okay with it too. Once I sprinkled it with enough salt and chili.

"Yeah, I was thinking about it... I mean it is just a house... but who would buy it? It's out in the forest. And without selling it I don't have enough money to buy a new place" I shrugged. "I am not really emotionally attached to it. It is my home, but it's just a house"

"I can help!" he exclaimed.

"With what?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"With buying a house" he nodded enthusiastically.

"Darling, I can't ask you to give me money" I argued.

"Oh, it would be ours. Would you accept it this way?" he smiled as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Wait, are you asking me to move in together?"

He nodded with a big smile. "Yes! Why not? I see my life with you, so why wouldn't we live together?"

My mouth was slightly open by the sudden idea. I took the sweet potatoes out of the fire to avoid answering for just a short time.

"It's unusual for couples to live together before marriage" I pointed out.

"It is also unusual for couples to sleep together before marriage" he chuckled.

And he was right about that. And normally I wasn't concerned about this question so I didn't know why I even argued. I never really cared about my reputation.

"Is it really a concern? Or you just don't want to live with me?" he asked.

I smiled softly at him handing him a sweet potato. "I would gladly live with you, silly" I gently kissed his cheek and his grip tightened on me. He moved his head so our lips connected in a short, sweet kiss.

"It's decided then" he grinned. "Once I am back from my mission, we can start looking for a house. How does that sound?"

"Okay" I pulled away a bit from him so we could start eating.

While we were munching on our sweet potatoes, I raised the question. "What's this mission anyway?" I asked.

"It's... well, I don't really know much, I need to investigate. There is a train where many people disappeared lately. I will board that train and we will see. We don't know much, but there is a possibility it is a lower moon demon"

"And you're going alone?" I asked.

"Well, I can ask for reinforcements if necessary, but a lower moon shouldn't be so difficult to defeat... I mean we already faced one together, so..."

"Yes" I nodded, remembering that fight. Even I could defeat a lower moon with a bit of aid. For a Hashira, it should be a piece of cake, I had nothing to worry about. "Take care, okay?" I kissed his cheek again. "And hurry back to me"

"Don't worry about me, my love. I will be back soon"

We finished eating and I was resting my head on his shoulder as we were staring into the dancing flames. He was planning to leave in the morning. We still had a few hours until then. And hopefully he would come back from his mission soon. The idea of buying a house together felt more and more exciting for me.

Our own place with Kyojuro. I smiled by the thought.

We could have breakfast together every day when we were not out on a mission. We would have our own bed. I would take care of his laundry and he would do the groceries.

Our own place... and maybe one day...

"I know I have asked this before, but do you want kids?" he asked suddenly, as if he was reading my thoughts. A wide blush spreaded on my face, I was glad he didn't see it.

"W-what..?" I stuttered.

"Sorry, I feel a bit sentimental now, but... my question is serious"

"W-with you?" I asked.

His answer was a big laugh. "Why? Do you want to have them with someone else?"

"Of course not!"

He laughed again. "Just imagine..." he sighed. "A little boy, who looks just like me and a beautiful little girl who looks just like you..."

I already saw that image in my head. And it warmed my heart so much. I wanted that. More than anything.

A happy life with Rengoku Kyojuro. In our nice little home. Where are cute kids run around.

I never knew I had this desire but now, as we sat there staring at the flames, and he bringing these up... I could imagine it. And I wanted it. With him.

"I love you, Kyojuro" I breathed out. "I love you and I want a future with you. Is that an answer?"

He touched my chin to lift my head, I was staring at his beautiful golden and red eyes, burning with passion.

"I love you too, my dear Kagemi" he kissed me slowly and gently like he was scared of breaking me. In that kiss, I felt his love, passion and care for me, said more than a thousand sweet words.

He eventually pulled away, resting his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes and a soft smile was playing on his sweet lips. "Thank you for setting my heart ablaze"