twenty-one.

It's been a while since I visited the home where I lived with Hayate-sensei. I was a bit worried that bandits broke into the house, but I was relieved when I noticed that everything was untouched.

There were no valuables there anyway.

The house smelled like nostalgia, carrying the memories of my time there. I considered that place my home, after I burned down my previous one.

I cleaned up a bit in the house after I arrived, then I started preparing dinner.

The house was painfully quiet, and a bit lonely as well. But I didn't mind. I was thinking about buying a house in the city, but I was constantly on the road, it would have no use. And this old little home was perfectly fine to return to.

I went to sleep early, finally enjoying a comfortable, relaxing sleep, and then I continued housework the next day. Nozomi didn't alert me about any missions, and I was glad. I needed a break. A break where I was not busy recovering from injuries.

I thought Kyojuro would soon show up, but four days passed and there were no news of him. I was sad, because I wanted to show him my home, but it seemed like it will not happen soon, as I expected to receive a mission sooner or later. And of course, I was a little bit worried if something happened to him.

As I expected, the next day I was woken up by Nozomi, alerting me about a demon in a nearby village.

The whole mission didn't take long, but right after I finished it, I got an another. Then an another one. And an another one.

It was my job, but honestly, the amount of demons appearing out of nowhere now reached a concerning amount.

I was away for three weeks, completing one mission after the other, I barely had time to think.

And I was missing Kyojuro so much. I felt an ache in my heart because of the lack of his presence. I loved him. For me, loving someone always ended in pain. And I was scared that it would happen to me and Kyojuro as well. But at the same time, I was happy. I was happy that I found him.

But, because of the path we chose in life now it was clear to me that we would never be able to see each other as often as we wanted to.

I completed another mission, looking at Nozomi, waiting for new instructions. But she was quiet. It seemed like I was allowed to have some rest after all.

I decided to return home. I was deeply in thought, so I was really close to the house when I noticed light coming out of the building and the door was open.

You got to be kidding me...

I got nervous. If I was lucky, a lone traveler or merchant invaded my home thinking it was abandoned - I wouldn't blame them. Still, I decided to be cautious.

I gripped the handle of my katana, approaching the house as quietly as I could then I peaked inside, ready for any possibilities.

When I saw the intruder I dropped my sword, the weapon touching the ground with a loud thud. He lifted his head to the noise, noticing me and greeting me with a wide smile.

"Kyojuro..." I breathed out his name, running towards him with such haste that when I embraced him, we fell on the ground.

He was laughing loudly at my enthusiasm. "I missed you too"

I tightened my arms around his neck as I was laying atop of him, enjoying his warmth. He gently petted my head, chuckling lightly.

We remained like that after a while, just quietly embracing each other, laying on the ground.

"I was worried that something happened to you" I admitted, snuggling my face into his neck.

"It can sadly happen any time" he said lowly. "But I am here, my love"

I kissed his cheek softly, which ended up in he lifting my chin to give me a deep kiss.

I pulled away after a while, gasping for air, feeling my cheeks heating up.

"I really missed you" I said, leaning down again for another kiss. He answered passionately, locking my lips into an intense dance.

My heart was racing with incredible speed in my chest as he flipped me to get on top. My hands rested on his cheeks, my thighs were framing his body. He was careful to not crush me with his weight.

He kneeled up, looking down at me. My face was pink, my black and white hair spreading all around the ground. I didn't remember when I took my haori off.

Kyojuro ran his thumb through my cheeks, a lustful glow in his orange and red eyes, burning like hellfire. "You're so beautiful" he breathed out as he continued kissing me.

I felt like I was melting under him, but at the same time, it wasn't enough. I wanted to feel him more. I wanted all of him.

My fingers mindlessly ran up his chest, feeling the toned muscles under his uniform. Without thinking, my fingers unbuttoned the first button on his uniform.

He froze for a second and I realized what I did.

"Oh, s-sorry" I stuttered, with bright red cheeks, not daring to look at him. But he gently lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him.

He wore the softest, sweetest smile, his eyes full of love, it was hard to believe that the feelings his eyes reflected were meant for me.

"Please, continue" his voice was hoarse, barely audible. He kissed my cheek softly, then whispered into my ear. "But only if this is what you really want"

A pleasant shiver ran down my spine, snapping out of my frozen, embarrassed state. Of course that is what I wanted. I wanted him. Every little cell.

My hand slid up his chest again, going through the buttons one by one as I revealed his strong chest.

He smiled and continued kissing me, gently caressing my neck, my collarbone, then he eventually stopped at the top button of my uniform.

"If you want to stop, just tell" he said.

But I said no word.