Long Overdue

~Yaz POV~

It's been two weeks with Jason living with me and he could be a real pain in the ass when he wanted to be.

"Yaz!" He called from his room and I rolled my eyes. It was like taking care of a nonstop crying baby.

I leaned lazily against the doorframe, "Can I ever get a break?" I groan and he smiled. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about." I arched an eyebrow as he steadily flipped his legs over the edge of the bed, face wincing a little.

"I want to get out of this room. It's boring. Why don't you have a TV in here or something?"

I walked over to him, wrapping his arm above my shoulders again and helping him up. "I'm not rich, Jason. And what was your plan?"

"I feel like ice cream, so let's go to Brusters. That used to be our favorite." He suggests as we slowly walk out of the room. I considered it.

It was Friday and I didn't have to work tomorrow. He had a smirk on his face as I thought about it.

"Fine," I chuckle, but I felt ashamed inside. I fell for everything Jason did or said. I felt weak because of it. Maybe that was just Jason. He always knew how to make me surrender to him. I hated it.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." He says, stopping us in our tracks.

"Why would you say that?" I ask, trying not to get attached to his hypnotizing green eyes.

"I could tell. I don't know why you think you can hide your feelings from me. I see right through you."

"Okay, Dr.Phil," I smile with a roll of my eyes before we start getting all emotional, "Can we just go to Brusters or what? Do you think you can walk, if you bare the pain and stop being a baby?"

He smirked then I unwrapped his arm from my shoulders, helping him stand straight. He winced a little as he straightened his spine and I walked in front of him.

"Come to me, Baby Jay! Come to Yazzy!" I tease as if I was teaching a toddler how to walk.

"Haha, very mature, Yazzy." He mimicked, walking towards me. I saw him tense up a little but other than that, he was fine.

"Good job, now let's go. I'm hungry."

I thought it would be a good idea for Jason to start practicing walking on his own, so I didn't drive us to Brusters and I didn't let him hail a taxi either. He needed to get used to baring the pain the more he moved without my help.

"How's that tummy of yours?" I ask and he arched an eyebrow.

"If I don't remember correctly, I used to be the childish one."

I raised my eyebrows and sighed, looking at the sidewalk, "People can change over the years-"

"Okay, are you going to keep going back to that?!-" He snaps and I furrow my eyebrows, getting just as loud.

"Yes! Yeah, I will because I cannot just...pretend like all of that never happened!"

"And I don't want you to. I don't want you to pretend like nothing happened because it did and I'm admitting it. We happened, Yaz, and I don't want you to forget that." He says calmly, giving sympathetic eyes. He was never afraid to look, stare straight at me. He didn't care if he made it obvious. It made me feel like he didn't see anyone other than me.

"I know, and I wont," I say, "But that was the past, remember?"

It hurt me to use his own line against him, but deep down inside I wanted to show him how much it hurt me.

He was quiet again, showing he didn't care. I sighed. He hasn't changed. I don't know why I helped and let him stay with me in the first place.

I felt something wet touch my skin and I wiped my face. Right after that one little drop of rain, it started to pour and we still had a couple more blocks to go to get back to my apartment.

Jason laughed as we became soaked. I didn't know exactly why he was laughing, but the situation suddenly became hilarious. I started cracking up with him.

Our clothes were stuck to our bodies, and my hair was drenched. I jumped hard when thunder shook the atmosphere and lightening cracked the sky.

"That's what you're afraid of?" Jason teases over the loud sound of the rain. I giggled until a freezing cold wind blew, punching me right in the face.

I accidentally stepped back and faced the the other way of the wind which was Jason's chest. He wrapped his arms around me, blocking the wind from hitting me.

It felt awkward, but...right.

The wind paused as Jason took my hand and slid to the side, other arm spread out. "Come on. I've always wanted to dance in the rain!"

He twirled me around as I replied, "This isn't just rain! This is a thunderstorm!"

He laughed as we danced up the sidewalk. "You're crazy, Jason Todd!" I laugh as I stop dancing. He pulled me closer to him, grinning down at me. "So I've heard."

His arms were tight around me. We stared at each other, but I snapped out of my state, "You're breaking rule number three."

He smiled, sending me slightly narrowed, dreamy eyes, "And which rule is that?"

"No touching," I answer, as he gets a little closer to where our noses could touch. I stepped out of his embrace before we could go any further, "We need to get out of the rain before we get sick."

"If I get sick, does that mean you'll have to take care of me more?"

I grabbed his hand and started running as the rain hardened. "Rule one!" I remind and he asked which one that one was too. We obviously needed to go over the rules again.

~Jason POV~

We made it back to Yaz's apartment, soaked and drenched. I flipped off my shirt, skin moist from the wet clothes that clung to my body. I scrunched up my face to give the impression that I was hurt.

To be completely honest, I could walk perfectly because it didn't hurt anymore. It didn't even hurt to where I had to wince, all of that was just fake. I knew Yaz's rules; the third one no touching UNLESS she was helping me. So I pretended I needed her help to get her close to me again.

When we got in some dry clothes, I came back out to the living room. I saw her throwing something away as I passed the kitchen, looking for her.

"Hey, Yaz," I say softly, walking over to her.

"Yes, Jason?" She says, wetting a towel and wiping down the kitchen counters.

"Uh, do you always clean at one in the morning?" I question, off topic.

She chuckled and shook her head, "Occasionally or when I have nothing else to do and I can't go to sleep."

"Well now you do." I smile, taking the rag from her hands and putting it on the sink. She raised a suspicious eyebrow as I explained.

"I think this is long overdue," I start, taking her hands in mine, looking deep into her eyes, "I do believe I owe you a movie night, Baby Girl."

Her eyes got teary as her eyebrows arched inwards, giving off a sad expression. I wiped a tear away from her face with my thumb and she put her hand on top of mine, pressing my palm against her cheek.

"Sometimes, I still can't believe it." She whispers and I see how much emotional pain she felt the night I died. She cried a little more as she hugged me tightly, and I wasn't the one to hug first.

I smirked, looking down at Yaz who was tucked into my chest. "You're breaking rule three."

She pushed off my chest with a chuckle, wiping her face, "Shut up."