Changed Person

~Yaz POV~

I ran through the hotel, tears in my eyes. I couldn't believe it.

Running down the barren hall, I see the right door. My heart pumped through my chest as I approached it. Door 207A.

I took a shaky breath, flushing back my tears as I hesitated to knock on the door. I sniffled as I looked at the ground, my knuckles gently pounding on the door.

I heard shuffling behind the door, and I shut my eyes tight, trying to keep from sobbing again. I heard the knob turn and door open. I brushed my hair back as I looked up and met his green eyes. His look changed into pure shock, seeing me. My eyes watered, seeing him again. I ran into his arms, crying into his shoulder.

"Jason." I cry, holding him tightly.

"Yasmin," He says and a warm feeling shoots through my heart. It felt so good to hear his voice again. Two years, two whole years and now I'm with him again.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, his hands pushing my waist away a little.

"I came to see you. I haven't seen you in years." I answer, wiping my cheeks but then furrowing my eyebrows, "You don't sound happy to see me."

There was a pause until he let out a breath. "I'm not."

My heart shattered at his words. I thought he would be happy to see me.

My tears started up again. "Why not?!"

"Look, you shouldn't be here-"

"I'm here for you, Jason." I say softly, my voice cracking a bit.

"I'm not that Robin I was years ago, Yasmin." He says, looking away from me after taking a step back.

"That doesn't matter to-"

"How did you know I was here?" He interrupts, staring dead at me. His face was emotionless and cold.

"I found out. W-Why didn't you tell me you were alive, Jason?" I question back, trying to hold a sniffle.

"I'm dangerous now, Yasmin. I don't need you or anyone else getting in my way. I didn't need to cling onto my past." He says and that sent even more sorrow through my veins.

"So that's what I am to you? Just your past?"

"Yes." He simply answers emotionlessly and I feel my heart crumble a little bit more.

"I flew all the way to California to make sure you were okay, not to have you push me even farther away, Jason." I say sternly, holding back another fit of tears.

Another dreadful silence filled the room and my voice softened, barely a whisper. "Didn't I mean something to you?"

He sighed, "You did, Yasmin-"

"So why are you acting like this?! Why are you pushing me away?!" I yell in anger and dreadfulness mixed.

He wiped his face with his hand as he took in a deep breath, "It's too complicated to explain."

"Well I have all day because I have shut my life out because of you. Thinking you were dead all these years, with everybody knowing you were alive except me. Out of all people, why me?" My voice lowered at the end, unable to hold back tears again.

"Yasmin, you're making things harder than they need to be-"

"Because I'm a stubborn little bitch, yeah. I don't care! I come here to see you again and you hit me with this bullshit?" I tried to make my voice sound angry and loud but everything came out weak and sorrowful. He has definitely cracked me.

"It's better like this, Yasmin. I don't want you getting hurt." He says, actually showing a glimpse of emotion in his expression and voice.

"It's too late for that. I went through so much to find out where you were, and then this happens? Fuck you, Jason."

I turned to leave, my heart completely disintegrated. This did not go at all as planned.

"Yasmin," He says, grabbing my hand and making a chill go up my spine. I looked back and he was closer to me than I thought he would be. He was still way taller than me and his eyes burned into mine as I stared into them through tears.

"I don't want to leave us like this." He says and I take my hand away from his. I licked my lips and pulled the strap of my purse over my shoulder some more before walking out.

"You already have."

~Jason POV~

When she closed the door, I put my ear against it. I heard her cries from the other side, making my heart crack a little more.

I did what I had to. I said what I had to say to keep her away from me.

I wonder who else Dick told because he was the only person I explained everything to. Maybe I shouldn't have even told him.

But Yasmin was not supposed to find out. If she hadn't found out, none of this would've happened.

I honestly didn't mean for this to happen.

Everything I said was a lie, and I hope she'd forgive me. Just not now. I needed her to leave so I could get back to this mission.

If she knew who I really was now and what I did as Red Hood, she'd be disgusted, so she might as well hate me now. Just picture what it's going to be like when I go back to Gotham.

I really loved that girl, and she meant the world to me, but I couldn't let her see that...not yet.

I just hope she'll understand that someday.