Best Friend

~Yaz POV~

I walked into the school, my friend Janine trailing behind me, happily humming a gentle tune. We walked down the hall, heading to my locker first. As I unlocked it, Janine rolled her eyes, "Trouble at 3 o'clock."

I looked to the side and saw Jerome coming towards us. Ugh. My bastard of an ex.

He grabbed my hips, swinging me into his chest and slamming my locker shut. "Let me go, Jerome." I groan, pushing away from him or at least trying to. The school jock's arms were too strong to escape from, even when Janine budged in between us.

"Hey, I thought we were cool, Janine." Jerome says, smiling down at her.

"We stopped being cool when you cheated on my friend and I started seeing how much of an asshole you really were." Janine snapped, crossing her arms as I got out of Jerome's grip. He looked back at me, a grin on his face. I brushed my hair back as I saw my empty, fallen bag in between us. I started reaching for it and he hurried to grab it before I could. I huffed as he put the bag in the air and out of my reach.

"Give it back, Jerome. Now you're just being childish."

He put his hand around my waist, pushing me back into his chest. "Come get it then." He whispered, almost making me want to throw up even though girls would kill to be in the position I'm in right now.

And I'd gladly give it to them too.

As I pushed away, a hand came between the small space seperating me from Jerome and landed gently on my stomach. It pushed back and swept me from Jerome's arms.

I looked up to my favorite green eyes as he wrapped his arm above my shoulders.

"He's got my bag."

"Did you put your stuff away in your locker?" He asked and I nodded.

He started walking another way, a smile on his face as he eyed Jerome, "Then it's okay. I'll just buy you a new one, Baby Girl."

I wrapped my arm around his waist just to piss Jerome off. Janine smirked as she followed us. After turning the corner, I let out a breath. "Thanks Jason. I owe you."

"You owe me a lot." He smiled, removing his arm as I removed mine.

"Yeah, and were you serious about getting me a new bag?" I ask, nose scrunching up a little.

"That's what I said, didn't I?" He asks, not looking at me. I smiled, looking back down the hall. Man, I had the best bestfriend.