Chapter 22 :- Looming Threat

Start from the beginning

Doctor Elizabeth's smirk returned, her eyes gleaming mischievously. "Oooo, so you guys are a thing," she teased.

blush crept onto my cheeks as I tried to clarify our relationship. "We're not officially a couple yet, but we're definitely heading in that direction," I admitted.

Her smirk remained, undeterred by my explanation. "I see. Well, anyway, that's not the point. I want you to come and see me tonight in my room. I have something important to discuss," she stated firmly.

I don't like those odds, my heart skipped a beat at her request, unsure of what she wanted to discuss. "If it's about becoming your bodyguard, then I'm afraid I won't be able to listen," I responded, recalling her previous proposition.

Doctor Elizabeth shook her head, her expression serious. "No, it's about Alice," she clarified, her tone filled with concern.

When she mentioned Alice's name, my mind went blank. It could be related to her health and condition, and I couldn't ignore that. Without any hesitation, I agreed to meet her. A smile spread across her face at my response, and I made my way back to my room.

Entering my room, I immediately started doing my homework. Hours passed, and I finally finished. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was already 7 o'clock. I continued studying in my room, engrossed in the pages of my book. The hours seemed to fly by as I delved deeper into the world of knowledge. It wasn't that I considered myself a nerd; I simply enjoyed the thrill of learning and expanding my horizons.

As the night wore on, fatigue began to creep into my bones. I glanced at the clock on my study table, its hands pointing at the number ten. With a sigh, I rose from my chair, stretching my tired muscles. It was time for a break.

Leaving my room, I stepped into the dimly lit hallway, unsure of where the doctor's room was located. Instead of aimlessly wandering, I decided to seek out a bodyguard for directions. Spotting one nearby, I approached him and politely inquired about the doctor's whereabouts. He kindly pointed me towards the left side of the hallway, indicating that her room was nearby. Expressing my gratitude, I set off towards her room, my steps echoing softly against the polished floor.

As I neared the door, I noticed two more bodyguards stationed outside. They acknowledged my presence and informed me that the doctor was expecting me. With a nod of appreciation, I turned the doorknob and entered the room.

There she sat, perched on a chair in her elegant nightgown, her legs crossed gracefully. Her nightgown was a sheer, delicate fabric that clung to her curves in all the right places. The soft material shimmered in the dim light, accentuating her every movement. The plunging neckline revealed a hint of her ample cleavage, while the thigh-high slit showcased her long, slender legs. The intricate lace detailing added a touch of elegance to the already seductive ensemble, leaving little to the imagination. She exuded confidence and allure, a vision of sensuality in the intimate setting.

A smile played upon her lips as she motioned for me to take a seat. I obliged, settling into a chair opposite her.

"So, let's talk," I said, my tone direct. "What did you want to discuss about Alice?"

Her playful smirk grew wider as she leaned back in her chair. "No need to rush, sweetie," she replied. "Why don't we have a little chat about the unfinished conversation we had earlier?"

I sighed, knowing this conversation would not be an easy one. "I've already told you, I have no interest in becoming your bodyguard."

She raised an eyebrow, her eyes glinting mischievously. "And why not? I can offer you a much higher salary. My bodyguards earn $7,000 per month, but I'm willing to pay you $20,000 per month or even $50,000, you just have to name it."