09.

ミ★ chapter nine:
don't let the bugs bite

LIKE EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD, Magnolia liked it when things went her way. She believed it was the least she deserved after everything she endured.

With a pep in her step, she smiled, the dimples on her cheeks prominently beaming. Dean, however, was the opposite. Her satisfaction ruined his chance at a perfect night. "How the hell was the steam shower cold after you left, Jupiter?" he complained.

Magnolia shrugged. "I had to take an everything shower. I deserve it."

"For fucking's sake, it's a steam shower. Keyword: steam! I don't care if it was an everything shower — there's no reason for a steam shower to be freezing cold." Dean exclaimed.

His discontent only inflamed her amusement. He could tell by the way her smirk lingered on her face. Clenching his jaw, Dean pointed at her and stated, "Jupiter, one day I'll wipe that smirk off your face."

Of course, that threat was meaningless. Magnolia knew that. Even though she got under his skin like no one else, he wouldn't lay a hand on her.

"I'd like to see you try, Winchester," Magnolia said, crossing her arms.

"You will. Just wait." Dean swore. If there was one thing Dean hated most, it was admitting defeat.

"Uh-huh," Magnolia remarked, unconcerned. She didn't believe a word he said. "Whatever you say."

"You don't believe me?" Dean scoffed.

"No," she said without skipping a beat, shaking her head. "Since you are so adamant, if you were to hypothetically follow through with your threat, what would you do?"

With each word, she took a step forward, sliding closer and closer to him. Speechless, Dean rattled his brain for an answer. He seemed to be the only one affected by her hypothetical question. Radiating with pride, Magnolia took his silence as his response. She grinned widely. "Goodnight, Winchester. Don't let the bugs bite."

☆彡

Separated from the two Winchester brothers, Magnolia laid in a room that did not belong to her, staring at the ceiling. She had a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was like a viper was strangling her insides.

Confirming her suspicion, she felt her head pound. She cursed, the words rotting in her mouth. In a matter of seconds, she could no longer see her temporary bedroom. She saw the world through someone else's eyes — another one of her visions.

That someone was minding their own business and taking a night shower. Although their eyes were closed, Magnolia could hear the water cascading down.

She silently begged the person to open her before she met her demise. Almost as if her pleads were heard, the person opened her eyes. A sharp shriek impaled the air, saturated with fear. More than a dozen spiders were crawling out of the showerhead. Magnolia had to stop her own scream from slipping past her lips and awakening the brothers nearby. Terrified, the women attempted to flee.

Rather than evading the danger, she slipped and hurtled into the shower door. The sound of glass shattering made Magnolia flinch. She gasped in pain as she felt fragments of glass dig into her body.

Burst out of her vision, she felt the agony slowly dissipate. She furrowed her brows, a downpour of perplexity leaving her paralyzed. Not once had her vision given her physical pain. Yes, she experienced constant headaches before her power kicked in, but she never felt the distress from the people in her visions.