02.

ミ★ chapter two:
know-it-all!

THE SECOND SHE GOT THE CHANCE, Magnolia cut contact with everyone, desperate to escape her mother. Rather than being her mother, she became a drill sergeant — she became a person who did not see anything wrong with putting their hands on their kids, leaving Magnolia with wounds you could and couldn't see.

Even though she wanted to keep them in her life, in order to not give her mother a clue as to where she was going, she cut off the Winchesters and Bobby. Anyone she could think of, no matter how much it hurt.

Free from the shackles that kept her captive for so long, she started hunting on her own. And boy, she was good. The best hunter of her time.

B̶u̶t̶ n̶o̶t̶ g̶o̶o̶d̶ e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ t̶o̶ e̶v̶a̶d̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ W̶i̶n̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ b̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶.

Prepared to hunt down a wendigo, she carried her pack full of everything she would need. Leaves crunched under her feet as she tried to locate its lair, hoping to find the missing camper before it was too late.

Familiar voices neared her, making panic set in. She didn't expect anyone to be stupid enough to enter the woods of Black Water Ridge. Associating the voices with faces, her brows furrowed in realization. Dread engraved itself into her every bone.

Dean and Sam Winchester, along with a ranger and two other siblings she knew were related to the missing camper.

Quick on her feet, she hid behind a tree. The bush beside her rustled once her pack abruptly came in contact with it.

F̶u̶c̶k̶.

Cautious, the brothers turned their heads at the source of the sound. Dean tilted his head toward the sound and pointed to the group he was with, telling Sam to stick with the group while he checked it out.

Magnolia felt her heart battering in her chest. She didn't want them ratting her out to her mother. It wasn't like her mother could control her anymore — she simply didn't want to see her.

Ruining the solitude she was determined to keep safe, Dean attacked. Magnolia felt her back collide with the ground, groaning in annoyance. Before Dean could recognize who she was, she knocked him off his feet, yanking out a knife and straddling him. The cold blade was pressed against his neck, adrenaline pumping through their veins.

"MJ?" Dean said, taking in all her features. MJ — Magnolia Jupiter, her initials. She didn't seem harmed in any way, her piercing eyes inflamed with fury.

Rolling her eyes at the nickname, she muttered, "In the flesh. Miss me?"

"Quite the opposite, actually," he muttered as she got off him, tucking her blade back into her waistband. He was still recovering from the shock as he stood up and dusted off whatever twigs and dirt stuck to his clothes.

Picking up the bag she dropped during the struggle, Magnolia sighed. "Well, as much as I wanna say it was good seeing you, Dean, we both know the truth. Happy hunting." Already on her way out, she stepped away from the Winchester.

Slight panic flickered in his eyes as his body moved by itself. His hand latched onto her wrist, keeping her from going anywhere. "What do you mean 'Happy hunting'? You disappear for two years with no explanation why — no letters, no phone calls, nothing — and you just expect me to just let you go?"

I̶t̶ s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ b̶a̶d̶ w̶h̶e̶n̶ h̶e̶ p̶u̶t̶ i̶t̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ w̶a̶y̶.

Pulling her hand away from his grasp, Magnolia nodded. "Yeah, pretty much." In reality, she knew it wouldn't be that easy. "Anyway, since when do you care?"