Chapter 11

"So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-" Carmilla began to speak again, but was cut off by Velvette raising her hand and waving it around. "-Yes?"

Velvette held up her chin on her palm, "On the subject of discussion..-" She grabbed something from behind her, throwing an angelic exterminator's head onto the table.

Catching Hertzo by surprise, "Oh my!"

"Oh, tasty.." Alastor spoke, observing the head closely. "Where did you get this?" Carmella asked, her face getting worried, yet surprised.

Velvette had a smug look on her face as she leaned back in her chair, "We found it during extermination day.-" She stood from her chair, "If these Holy Rollers can be killed, the game has changed."

She hopped onto the table, her smaller figure barely making the lang table shake. "We can take the fight to them.-" She raised a hand to her chain, "The boys and I have come up with a full assault plan.-"

Velvette was cut off by Zestial sipping his tea very obnoxiously, taking everyone by surprise as this wasn't usually like him. After he finished sipping, he set the cup back onto the saucer plate.

He clasped his hands together, "If it be true thee and thy colleagues desire to war, with such meagre proof.-" Carmella took a seat next to him. "-Thou art far more... foolish than I be thought." Zestial spoke, making a clear point.

Velvette scoffed, crossing her arms and a pissy expression making a way to her face. "Meager proof? It's a dead fucking exorcist." She gestured to the head, "I'd say that's pretty fucking definitive." She turned her back to Zestial, before turning back with a smile. "You going blind, old man?"

Zestial smirked, "We know not how this perished. Mayhaps t'was not by a demon's hand at all."

As he spoke to Velvette, Alastor took a chance to taste the angel's golden blood. Smiling as he tasted. Hertzo raised a brow at his actions, "Taste, my dear." He whispered softly to her.

Hertz shrugged her shoulders, putting a finger out and wiping a piece of blood and tasting it herself.

"You have a point, darling." She whispered back.

"If we rush to war without knowing mightn't they purge all of Hell for daring an uprising?" Zestial spoke, slamming a fist down onto the table.

Hertzo nodded, "He does make a statement.."

"That's possible I suppose." Alastor spoke to Rosie, nodding with a smile.

"Oh!-" Velvette had a smirk return to her face, "-I get it." She began to walk closer to the other head of the table, "So Grandpa is too pussy to fight, so I guess there's no point.. Right?"

As she walked, her red and black pigtails bounced.

Zestial furrowed his eyebrows at her statement, "Oh..-" Velvette cooed towards Zestial. "-What's the matter, Fossil?" She hopped closer to him, "Too senile to make a real power grab for–"

Carmella hopped between them, arguing with Velvette for a good minute. Before calling off the meeting, causing confusion between all overlords in this room.

"Well that was a productive meeting!" Alastor spoke, smiling as he looked at the fighting overlords.

Velvette and Carmella was in each others faces, before Velvette backed away, "Hmph, fine.-" She hopped off of the table, "Safe travels back to the nursing home, fuckers!"

She opened the door, flipping her middle finger to the whole room. "Kiss my ass!"

Velvette walked out, laughing as she walked away.

Carmella sighed, her daughters looking worried as they stood next to her.

Hertzo smirked, standing up. "Come now, Alastor."

The two stood up, walking out of the room as Alastor noticed Zestial and Carmella along with her daughters walking into another room. "Interesting..."

Hertzo looked to Alastor, "What is it?" She asked sweetly, placing her parasol over her shoulder. "Seems as though Carmella and Zestial.. Are going with each other alone.." He pointed to the two overlords walking into a room.

She raised a brow, before noticing one of Pentious' eggs standing around, "You-" She pointed to it, causing it to turn in their direction. "Little.. Egg creature."

"Ohh!-" It smiled goofily, "Yes ma'am!"

"Follow them."

The egg saluted, allowing Alastor and Hertzo to walk out of the building freely and stand outside, watching the other eggs and await the others return.

"I do wonder what happened with that.." Hertzo spoke, gently grabbing Alastor's hand so as to not startle him.

"I as well. Do you think that Carmella killed the angel?" He asked, looking at Hertzo.

Hertzo took a deep breath, "Too early to tell."

The egg soon walked out, "So, what did you hear?" Alastor asked the egg, stopping its steps with his staff.

"First, the old guy w-was all 'you're not yourself, you're the one that killed the angel', a-a-and then she was all like whatever it takes!" He explained all over the place, Hertzo noticed that Alastor's eye was twitching as he let go over her hand.

Hertzo's eyes widened for a moment, still keeping her smile. "And then what was that last thing?" She asked, leaning down to him.

"She killed the angel?"

Alastor raised a brow, keeping his usual charming smile. "Interesting."

"Let's keep this between us,-" The overlords spoke in unison, emitting red and green light from using their power. "-Shall we?"

"You got it boss'!"

The two overlords gathered the eggs, walking back to the hotel.

"Never would expect that angels could be... killed." Hertzo stated, looking around the dreadful city that she called home.

"It's definitely a surprise!" Alastor said, "But this could change things drastically!"

"Of course!"

For the rest of the way, the two walked in silence side by side. As they walked into the hotel, Charlie and Vaggie were upstairs talking before Vaggie called down to them.

"Hertzo! Alastor, failed to get rid of the eggs.. I see."

"Yes, well..." Alastor started, before Hertzo cut him off. "The little monsters prove to be rather useful!" She spoke lowly, a subtle green glow emitting from her.

She quickly straightened up, as well as Alastor. "Why don't you give them back to Pentious?" Vaggie asked, a calm look washing over her face.

"REALLY?!" Pentious cheered, tears forming in his eyes as his snake body became happy.

"Yeah. After today, I guess I can trust you with them." Vaggie concluded, "But seriously. No. More. Weapons."

Hertzo and Alastor walked upstairs and into Alastor's room as Pentious slid on the ground to the eggs, crying and bawling out.

"Certainly an interesting day, hm darling?" Hertzo asked as she fixed Alastor's bowtie, standing before him.

"Indeed it was dear." He smiled down at her, brushing hair out of her face. "I'll see you tomorrow morning, love."

She leaned up to him, gently cupping his cheek and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"As to you, darling."