Part 39

Chapter 39

TSUNADE SENJU

The fourth Hokage of the village found herself sitting opposite to a shinobi she had never thought she would see again. The news of Ohashi's death had devastated her, and she had cursed the Gods for taking another one of her precious people from her.

It had felt like Kawaki all over again. She had failed to protect him. Yet the Gods had been merciful this time around as she sat infront of him, sipping her tea as her body recovered from the massive strain of using her sealing mark.

"So, what happened to you?" she questioned as she glanced at him. They had a theory about what had happened to him, yet it was now time to confirm what had truly led to the drastic change in him.

Ohashi sipped his tea as he answered.

"I believe you already have a suspicion," he added, looking at her with his normal eye as an eye patch covered his Sharingan.

"We do, but I would like to learn the truth. So, tell me what happened to you, Ohashi," she questioned again, and the boy sighed.

"Just as I landed the final blow on Danzo, a seal appeared on his body. A self-immolation seal that worked to trap and destroy anything around it. I jumped back, or at least tried to jump back to avoid getting caught in it, when suddenly something from the ground gripped me from below, stopping me from moving back, and I was caught in that seal," he began and she nodded.

"I had thought myself dead until I woke up in a cave tied up, my chakra sealed, and came face to face with a man. A man much older than me with a white mane, the same man who gave me this eye," he continued as he pointed towards his Sharingan.

"Madara," she cut in, and he nodded, confirming their theory.

"He had survived the fight against your grandfather, using and had escaped using a kinjutsu. He had remained hidden, looking for a successor who could carry out his will. And he had chosen me as his successor, and so he molded me. Or at least tried to," he replied.

They had reasoned that much.

"The Izanami?" she questioned and saw his eye widen as he nodded.

"Indeed, and while I was trapped inside I knew that I could not break out of it. And so I hit upon a plan. A plan to fool the technique, so I created an alter ego, one which was a mix between my own personality and what he desired to see. It took time, days, months, years, I don't know yet I managed to hit the perfect balance, as I constructed an alter ego with enough of me to raise suspicion among all those who knew of me, and enough oh him to fool the Izanami into believing it had worked," he finished and she shook her head.

"You fucking monster," she said with a smile, though a part of her felt proud of him for thinking like this. Few shinobi had the courage and the mind to pull of such a thing, especially in the face of an impossible situation.

He smiled at her, as he continued.

"I buried my own sense of self deep in my sub-conscious, and let the alter ego take over hoping that someone would notice the truth," at this he sighed as he leaned back.

"And thankfully they did," he replied and she nodded.

"Good, it was smart of you to think of this," she complimented him as they both looked at each other.

"Speaking of that, I believe I have yet to offer you my congratulations on becoming a Hokage," he said as he pointed towards the torn Kage robe placed in the corner, and she rolled her eyes.

"Ahh, yes. I had no choice but to step in, to clear up all the mess you created; after all, I couldn't let the sacrifice of my little apprentice go to waste now, can I?" she rebuked him as he hit his head, making him wince.