Part 20

Chapter 20

DANZO SHIMURA

The whole ground shook as Danzo Shimura watched the whole compound get blown to bits right in front of him. The sound of explosions was deafening, and the whole area was covered by a massive dust cloud. The explosion had made the very ground shake, yet a part of him was quite sure that this wouldn't be enough to take care of Ohashi Hatake.

Hiruzen had refused to act on the information he had provided, choosing to adopt a wait-and-see approach as he waited to confirm the contents of his report. Danzo had been apprehensive about using his newfound all, Zetsu, the nature of his being was a mystery, yet in the end. He had been forced to rely on it to manufacture evidence against the boy.

Despite his apprehensions about the nature and motive of the Zetsu creature, Danzo was quite impressed by its skills and was already making plans to have Orochimaru run experiments on it to figure out its secrets.

He had been aware that Ohashi Hatake had been trying to track down his foundation bases, and had been impressed by the boy's skills. He had learned under the tutelage of the Nidaime Hokage, and the boy had mastered the Second's technique to a level nearly identical to that of his sensei. Thankfully, Danzo was quite aware of the limitations of the technique and had devised a seal to keep himself undetectable.

Yet all that would have to wait, for there was a problem he had to take care of before then. A very talented problem. Evident by the fact that despite the intricate trap he had set up, a lone figure jumped out of the dust cloud, covered in dust and blood, holding one of his sides yet alive.

The ROOT ANBU with him perked up as Ohashi Hatkae landed a mile away from them, and Danzo silently gave a nod and the ANBU moved out taking their positions as they began to circle the boy. These ANBU had been hand selected by him to deal with the boy after he had studied all the intelligence reports about the boy.

Danzo himself blurred away and appeared at a hill right above the silver-haired jounin, who was quick to react to his presence and glanced up at him with a thawing gaze. Danzo was now able to get a closer look at the boy's appearance and was impressed that despite being at the center of the trap the boy had managed to escape with such little damage.

So much skill and potential, yet it would all be a waste. The boy had made himself a nuisance and had become a thorn in his side, unable to stomach the realities of a ninja world. He still lamented the fact that he had missed to recruit the boy out of the orphanage. He could have molded him into a perfect weapon. Yet now, it was too late.

The boy had become a threat to him, and in turn a that to the safety and sanctity of Konoha, and hence must be eliminated. A waste, yet one must prune the weeds if they want the first to prosper.

"What are you doing here, Danzo-sama?" the boy questioned as the ANBU surrounded him from all directions, making it so that the boy was completely trapped.

"Ohashi Hatake, you have been found guilty of crimes of treason, espionage, and collusion with an enemy village," he began and saw the boy's eyes widen a bit at his words, yet he continued.

"You are to stand down and hand yourself to the ANBU for your sentencing," he finished and saw the boy scan his surroundings, as he replied with a smile.

"And I believe you must have an order from the Hokage about this sentencing," the boy replied in a joking manner, citing the proper course of action. Danzo gritted his teeth and snarled.

"I am Danzo Shimura, an esteemed elde..."

"Traitor!" the boy cut in sharply, making him stop, and Danzo felt the boy's chakra thicken as he felt the air begin to thicken.