Part 15

Chapter 15

ASUMA SARUTOBI

Asuma and his two teammates jumped back. The pressure emanating from their sensei was oppressive enough to make it difficult to even stand there. They landed on the ground as sweat dripped down from their chins.

"Can he really do that? Make us go back to the academy!" questioned Ebisu from the side, pale and shaking as he took out a kunai from his pocket.

"My father told me that a jounin sensei has complete autonomy over their genin, so probably yes. If he wants to, he can send us back to the academy," added Kurenai from the side. And during all this time, Asuma's eyes had been focused on their sensei, and he gritted his teeth as he finally decided to speak up.

"Guys! It's one hit," he began a bit louder as he got the attention of his teammates. And then they both looked at him, and he reached into his back pocket to take out his specially made chakra blades. He wore them on his knuckles as he got ready to attack.

"He may be a jou...."

"Ohh. So, it seems the famous Sarutobi is ready to face me. Come on, show me what the esteemed son of our respected Hokage-sama has to show for himself," taunted their sensei, and those words irritated him. Asuma pushed chakra into his feet and then broke out into a sprint as he rushed forward leaving his teammates behind.

"Asuma, wait!" he heard Kurenai shout but didn't bother to listen as he raced past her, determined to show their sensei exactly who he was. And then, just as he was a couple of yards away from him, his senses screamed at him to stop. But he couldn't stop his stride, and his sensei stood there.

"ARGH!" he grunted in pain as he felt something hit him hard in the gut. He was sent tumbling back, and he grunted in pain as his body finally came to a halt. His body screamed in pain, and his teammates rushed toward him.

"Asuma!" they said in unison as they landed before him, protecting him from any other attack, but their sensei did not move and stood there. He had not moved an inch.

"What the hell was that!" he blurted as he returned to his feet. Their sensei hadn't moved an inch, but an attack sent him tumbling back. How?

"How the hell did he attack me like that?" he questioned, perplexed at what was going on.

"Let me check something!" Kurenai suddenly spoke, formed a hand seal, and closed her eyes, and he felt her chakra ripple for a moment before she shouted.

"KAI!" and then she opened her eyes, and they widened as she spoke up.

"It's a genjutsu! Disrupt your chakras!" she spoke suddenly, and Asuma nodded and closed his eyes as he pushed chakra through his tenketsu disrupting the flow.

"KAI!" and then as he opened his eyes, they widened as he finally saw their sensei, yet this time he finally noticed how he was surrounded by rocks that were circling him continuously.

"You should be thankful that I am using only rocks! Had I used a blade, you would be dead by now!" cut in their sensei, making them perk up.

"Hokage-sama must be quite disappointed with a son like you. It took all of you minutes even to detect that you were under a genjutsu! Minutes which any enemy ninja would have used to kill you!" their sensei added in a disappointed tone, mocking him and his teammates.

"And Kurenai, didn't you have the highest genjutsu grade amongst the class? What a disappointment that it took you five minutes to realize that you were under a genjutsu!" said their sensei with a shake of his head, making Kurenai stiffen up.