Chapter 8: Training (3)

(Author's note: There is a server to discuss regarding this story, if you're interested, join in!https://discord.gg/JBjVgVwq )

Training field, 14th of September 2015, 1300 hours:

Leafs have started to fall from trees. Fall has arrived late; it was cold, but it has yet to turn water into ice. The students were already near the old garage, wearing their supposed uniforms, this time with an extra sweater or jacket to keep themselves warm, along with some scarfs. Some sat down, some leaned on the wall, and some were talking to each other.

Alisia herself was shivering from the cold despite the warm clothes and the scarf she was wearing. The cold breeze passed through her face, and she was shaking like a leaf. "When will those three arrive?"

"Eh? You good, Alisia?" Miyuki looked at Alisia, her face showing a look of worry.

"C-Cold... "How are some of you not freezing?" Alisia hugged herself; she covered most of her face with her scarf.

"Huh? Here, I thought everyone in here loved the cold." Anoki looked at Alisia with a look of confusion.

"Well, I am a home girl, ok! Lily would be shaking like a sick child if she were in my position." Alisia said in a weak tone, still shivering as the cold breeze continued penetrating through her warm clothing.

Miyuki placed her hand on her chin, thinking of a solution, until an idea came into her mind. "Well, I know what you just need!" Miyuki grinned. She approached Alisia before wrapping her arms around her and holding her tight. "Heee, so warm..."

Alisia froze in place, and before then her eyes stared daggers at Miyuki's eyes. "Who are you? My family? Get off.." Said Alisia in an annoyed tone.

Miyuki looked at Alisia; she blinked with a confused look on her face, not expecting such a reaction. "E-Eh?!" She blinked once more. "She was fine with Mrs. Carter touching her."

"You don't touch that intimate with a person you just know a week ago." Anoki sighed. She held her chin with her right hand before an idea came into her mind. "Try stroking her hair; maybe it's her weak spot... Should soften her a bit maybe?"

Alisia's eyes turned towards Miyuki, her eyes staring daggers at her, penetrating deep into her soul, which made Miyuki shiver in fear. She then gulped. "Yeah, no. Bad idea..." Miyuki released Alisia from her embrace.

Then, the three instructors arrived, wearing warmer clothes like an overcoat in addition with their service dress to fight against the cold weather. The captain began to speak. "Alright, good day, everyone." Said the captain as he walked in front of the students. The students then got up and returned back in line, and the captain continued. "Alright, for today's special, we'll be doing a combat practice. Time to get all of those skills from the class to use. This would be our last training."

Just as the word was said, all of a sudden, most of the students cheered, before being interrupted by Lieutenant Blais with a high tone: "That doesn't mean we're leaving you fools; pay attention or else there will be another PT for you all."

The students went cold, their faces went pale, and the captain then started to speak again. "Well, as the Lieutenant just said before, we'll still be here guiding you all, something like a coach in a hockey match, now." The captain clapped his hands once, and Lieutenant Morrison came with a cart filled with ear protection. "Make sure you have your ear protection ready, unless you want to be deaf. Now come on, onto your armored horses!" He ordered.

The students then began walking towards their tanks. Alisia was seen still struggling with climbing onto the Stuart, but was then helped by Miyuki. Alisia thanked her before then hopping inside the tank, along with Anoki entering from the driver's hatch and Miyuki entering from the other hatch beside the commander's cupola.