Prologue

(Author's note: There is a server to discuss regarding this story, if you're interested in helping, join in! https://discord.gg/JBjVgVwq )

United States, Virginia, Day time:

A lone M3 Stuart, sporting a distinctive maple emblem, raced through the dense woods, evading shells launched from behind. Inside, the driver pushed the M3 to its limits, while gunner was on the gun, ready to fire at any moment's notice. Meanwhile, the commander remained concealed beneath the cupola, with only its Broady helmet visible, carefully observing the surroundings.

The commander spotted a Sherman tank and immediately signaled the gunner, "Gunner, Sherman spotted at uh..."

The commander tried remembering her training, before then the commander's training came back to mind and continued, "A-Ah! 7 o'clock!"

"On!" the gunner acknowledged.

"Fire!"

"Firing!"

The 37mm cannon fired, but the shot missed the Sherman by inches.

"How did you miss?!" the commander exclaimed in a frustrated and panicked tone.

"Sorry!" the gunner apologized in a nervous tone.

"Load another shell and keep their attention at us!"

The gunner swiftly loaded another shell into the chamber, before then going back to aim the gun.  "Firing!"

The cannon fired, and the process repeated.

"We're almost there! Keep them on the hook!"

The commander reached for the radio "Rod team, this is Hook leader. We have the fish on the hook and we'll be there in a few seconds. We'll continue keeping them on the hook."

The M3 continued maneuvering across the terrain, eventually reaching a flat expanse of land with a hill in the distance. Behind them, 10 Sherman tanks continued firing on the move, pursuing the M3. Until, something emerged from the hill ahead.