Chapter 31 Jifeng

Începe de la început

Xie Miao bent her fingers and tapped twice on the table, not noticing at all that she had contracted someone's habit, "I have affected your sisterhood."

Cui Xining stretched out a finger and pushed her forehead playfully and boldly, "If you talk nonsense again, be careful I tell my Second Aunt."

Well, she had secretly seen it several times. Madam Xie always pushed Xie Miao's head like this, and Xie Miao always endured it with her mouth pursed and her expression unconvinced. In the past, she always felt that she was hypocritical, but now it seems that it is her true temperament that she revealed in front of Madam Xie.

She no longer gave Xie Miao a chance to shirk, and directly set the time, "Tomorrow morning, put on your riding clothes and wait for me."

*

Although the Xie family was in decline, before her parents died, Master Xie and Madam An still doted on their only beloved daughter with all their strength. When he was given a break, he would take her on horseback rides out of the city and gallop in the wind in the countryside.

Xie Miao has forgotten the details, and even the appearance of her parents has long faded in her memory. She only remembers that when she was young, she nestled in her father's broad chest, listening to the birds singing, smelling the fragrance of flowers, and the gentle breeze.

Later, she was idle for many years until she came to the capital to join the Cui Mansion. At Madam Xie's request, she made two sets of beautiful and exquisite riding outfits and rode horses with several ladies from Cui Mansion. However, after going out a few times, Xie Miao was severely marginalized and gradually lost interest.

Fu Lu took the riding clothes out from the bottom of the drawer, washed and dried them. She put them in a sachet, and ironed them carefully.

*

Jingdan Racecourse was built in the western outskirts, far away from Fuxiang Orchard to the east and west.

Cui Xining had her own fine horse, but Xie Miao didn't, so she chose one from the many rental horses.

Horse leasing is the most inferior type of horse farm, for those who occasionally come here to enjoy horse racing. Real horse lovers or young ladies from powerful families will raise their own fine horses here, and they will be taken care of by dedicated personnel.

The equestrian facilities for fine riding and leasing horses are not far apart, but the comparison is huge. The fine horses were sleek, shiny, and smooth, and was fed in a single room. The trough was filled with yellow peas, corn kernels, and even wheat bran mixed with oil. A dozen or so rental horses were huddled together in one room. They looked rough and lethargic, chewing haphazardly on the grass piled on the ground.

Cui Xining brought out a small white mare named Danxu. She had a gentle temperament, just like her owner. Xie Miao randomly chose a gray horse. Compared to Danxu, it looks like the nose is crooked and the eyes are slanted.

Cui Xining looked at Danxu and then at the gray horse. She felt that the gap was too big, so she suggested: "How about we switch horses?"

Xie Miao pulled the reins of the gray horse. She shook her head and said, "I'm not good at riding. I'm just riding for fun, there's no need to change."

Cui Xining had no choice but to give up, and the two of them led the horses out. Unexpectedly they bumped into two graceful figures.

Two young girls wearing lilac-colorued riding clothes and light yellow-coloured riding clothes came towards them. The lilac-coloured girl was comforting the other girl softly, "First, ride the horse. After riding, I will take you to the lake. This is the time to pick lotus seeds. At that time, if you are interested, we will row a boat to pick..."