Chapter 6

Billie's P.O.V
I can't believe he's making me change out of my dress. I thought for sure he'd like it. Even my boobs were out and I typically never do that for anyone. Since he decided he doesn't want me showing any skin I'm covering up everything he's not even getting a glimpse of it. I take off my dress and swap it out for jeans and a nice sweater. I fix my hair quickly then head back to his car. "Is this better Mr. Rutherford" I ask with an attitude. He looks me up and down. "For the public yes it's perfect" he says. I roll my eyes and get in the passenger seat. "I appreciate you trying to look good for me but I just can't stand the thought of anyone but me staring at you" he says. I ignore him and look out the window. He's such an asshole why do I like him so much? "How long have you lived in this area?" He asks breaking the silence. I turn to him, "About two and half years" I reply. "No offense but I don't like it, it seems dangerous" he says. It is a dangerous part of town but he's not about to belittle my home just because he's rich. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk about my living situation, some of us aren't rich" I spat. He looks at me sincerely. "My apologies I won't speak of it again I just want you safe" he responds. My heart melts at his protectiveness. "It's ok I just worked really hard to afford that apartment it may not be a mansion but it's home and I've grown to love that little space" I explain.

He just smiles at me. "You are so sweet Billie" he says. I blush at his compliment. He always knows how to fluster me. The rest of the drive is pretty silent. We finally arrive and I gasp, he brought me to a very expensive steak house. "Mr. Rutherford I seriously appreciate this but it's way too expensive here" I say. "Well it's a good thing I have money then" he says with a smirk. He parks his car and comes to the other side to open the door for me. He takes my hand and we walk inside. I feel so out of place here. He walks us up to the host stand not letting go of my hand. "Reservation for Rutherford" he says. The hostess immediately takes us to a back area away from everyone. He pulls my chair out for me and I sit down. He really such a gentleman. "Thank you Mr. Rutherford" I say softly. He chuckles. "Billie we're not at work you can call me Jesse" he chuckles. I was so used to calling Mr. Rutherford I forgot he has an actual name. "Thank you J-Jesse" I reply. "You're welcome" he replies. I scan through the menu trying to decide on what I want and also distract myself from him. "Billie has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asks. I find myself blushing again. "Only a few times" I reply not looking at him "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen I just wanted you to know that" he says. He makes me blush so much.

"I really appreciate that" I reply. The waiter finally comes by saving me from such an awkward conversation.... Well at least for a minute. "You're being awfully quiet Billie what is going through that pretty head of yours?" He asks. "Y-You liking me is just weird, I'm flattered of course but all those women at your job are so much better than me. They're so beautiful and their bodies are amazing. I look nothing like them" I admit softly. He looks at me confused. "Billie are you kidding? You're so damn gorgeous and that body is perfect! Those girls have all had work done nothing is natural. You're not giving yourself enough credit you are so fucking beautiful please believe that" he says very passionately. I immediately tear up. Nobody has ever said something so sweet to me. I've always really struggled with my confidence so hearing him say that is really sweet. "I know we're on a date and it's supposed to be about us but what kind of past do you have with Amelia?" I ask hoping I don't upset him.

He sighs "She's my ex girlfriend, we had a really rough break up and she's still very upset with me over it. Any woman that comes into my life she tries to sabotage. I'm sure she tried to threaten you the other day" he explains. "Yeah she just didn't want me talking to you. She said that you're hers" I say. "Well I'm not I'm fully invested in getting to know you so please believe me when I say she is nothing to me" he says sincerely. Finally the waiter brings me my wine. "Thank you" I say to him before taking a sip, it's absolutely delicious. Nothing about this date feels natural I just feel so awkward around him. "Billie you seem so on edge would you like to go to my place instead?" he asks. Honestly yes, I don't feel right here fancy dinners aren't my thing. "Y-Yes. I really appreciate it but I'm not used to this" I say softly. He throws a hundred dollar bill on the table then grabs my hand. I hope I didn't ruin this date.

I feel horrible now maybe I should've just kept my mouth shut. He leads me out of the restaurant and back to his car. "Mr. Rutherford I'm really sorry. I feel like I ruined our date" I say softly. "You didn't, you weren't comfortable and that's not fair to you. Let's just go back to my place, I'll cook for you" he says. He doesn't have to cook for me I should be cooking for him, I ruined everything. "You don't have to do that we can just hang out" I say nervously. "You have to eat Billie it's very important so I'm making you dinner end of discussion" he says sternly. "Yes Mr. Rutherford" I say rolling my eyes. I can feel him staring at me. "Did you just roll your eyes?" He asks. "Yes" I reply confused. "The only eye rolling that is acceptable is when you're being fucked so don't let me catch you doing that again unless you want punished!" He spats. Damn he really doesn't like eye rolling. I can't risk him deducting my pay so I'm definitely not rolling my eyes anymore. The rest of the drive is silent but in comfortable way. We finally arrive and my eyes widen at his mansion. I've never been in one before so this will be an experience. He parks his car in a huge garage filled with other cars. I'm guessing they all belong to him.

"You must really like cars?" I say. He chuckles, "I do I've been growing my collection for a while" he says. We both get out of his car and go inside. I gasp at how gigantic it is. "Holy shit!" I whisper. "Feel free to explore while I cook but don't go in the basement" he says. Hmm I wonder what is down there? I take up his offer and start exploring this amazing place. I wish I could live in a house like this, my apartment is as big as his bathroom. I finally enter his bedroom. I'm in love with it! His bed looks incredibly soft. I'll just lay on it for a minute. I take off my shoes and climb into his huge bed. It felt like I was laying on clouds. I'm so exhausted from today I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes.

Jesse's P.O.V
I could hear my curious maid going through all my rooms. I want her to get acclimated to them because she will live here with me she just doesn't know it yet. After I finished cooking spaghetti I went to find her. I go to my room and see her curled up in the middle of my bed like a little kitten. She's so fucking precious. She seems to be sleeping so peacefully I don't want to wake her. I grab a blanket and gently cover her up. She must be exhausted. I shut the lights off and crack the door. I'd love to be eating with her but I'm not waking her up I'll just enjoy dinner alone. After I eat I put her plate in the fridge in case she wants it later. I go check on her again and she's still passed out. I'll just sleep on the couch tonight there's no harm in letting her stay the night here. I go to the bathroom to shower and get ready for bed. I'm really happy she's here, I know she's completely safe from harm curled up in my bed as she should be.