-10-

Just like Jay suggested, we went back to the torn up house again today. Luckily for us, it wasn't raining this time. It was even sunny out, not one cloud could be seen. A rather happy day if we weren't going to an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere.

We slammed the car doors shut and now stood to the entrance of the path. Jay pulled out his camera and held it close to his chest, pressing a few buttons to make it record. The only sounds being able to be heard were our feet walking over dead grass and the few birds out. The walk was overall silent before I decided to say something.

"So uh... what happens if Alex or anything doesn't come today?" I questioned. Jay spared a glance at me before shrugging.

"I guess come back tomorrow, and if nothing shows up again, then we just start going to another hotel just like we used to do. As much as I'd want to, it's probably not the best idea to stay here for no reason." Was all he said. After that, we were both silent again, more focused to going to the old house. 

Only a few minutes later the building was only a few yards away. Jay stopped recording the ground and pointed camera at the building, motioning me to follow him as he started to step inside. Once again, the house was still a mess. Piles of debris everywhere and a few shelves on a wall, but nothing new that wasn't there yesterday. Jay tried to call out for anyone, only to get no answer. We started to look everywhere, the shelves, under the random piles of wood and metal, but there was still nothing. I let out a small groan at the sight of nothing being here. This was just really useless, wasn't it?

"Ugh... there's nothing here!" Jay muttered, his voice laced with annoyance. He started to kick around some of the debris on the ground. "what are you wanting us to see, we don't see anything!" He let out a huff. I turned towards Jay with a frown.

"Maybe we could come back tomorrow and wait outside-" I got cut off by a very familiar voice.

"Jay, (Y/n)." Both of our heads snapped towards the entrance of the building, being able to make out a figure that I didn't actually expect to see.

"Wait, Alex-" He gave me a glare and signaled for me to shut up, making me hesitantly comply and not say anything else. He then turned towards Jay and pointed to a room beside him, making Jay turn around and start to enter.

Jay starts to take a few steps inside, only to be pushed out of the way and dropping his camera. I barely had any time to comprehend what was going on before being pushed behind someone and hearing a scream from Alex. It was the masked man... I shook my head, coming to my senses and looked back at Alex. He took a knife that managed to get lodged in his arm and threw it on the ground, tackling and pinning the masked man onto the floor. He grunted under Alex's weight, trying to squirm out from under him.

"One of you, hand me the cord." He pointed towards some rope near Jay, to which Jay grabbed it and handed it to Alex. We slowly got closer as Alex bounded the masked man's wrists. As we watched him struggle against Alex and the rope, Jay reached out and grabbed his mask, before pulling it off and showing a familiar face.

"Tim..." I muttered to myself. I finally was able to remember the tape with him wearing the same jacket, how could I even forget that? I saw him slowly open his eyes and slightly glance at me, holding his gaze for a moment before focusing on trying to escape.

Alex scowled before looking at me, his eyes cold. "Give me the knife." I looked beside me, seeing the same bloodied knife that Tim put in Alex's arm. I hesitantly picked it up, looking at the three before shaking my head.

"No, I'm not letting you just kill him." I felt Alex's gaze become more annoyed, getting up but making sure Tim wouldn't be able to escape.

"God damn it, fine..." He went up to a pile of debris and picked up a big block of cement, inching closer towards Tim. My eyes widened as I dropped the knife, running towards Alex and grabbing the block, trying to pry it out of his grip. "What are you doing, let go!" before I was even able to respond, Alex pushed me away, making me stumble back. He raised the block, slamming it down onto Tim's leg. The next thing I heard was an ear piercing scream, making me look back in horror at the limb. it look badly damaged with the block of cement beside it, crimson mottled on the ground and coated most of his jeans. I covered my mouth in pure shock, hearing the pained grunts from Tim. All I was able to do was just stand there and stare at him, only to feel my arm getting tugged by Jay.

"Come on, we need to go!" Taking one final glance towards Tim, I hesitantly followed, not looking back at the abandoned house as we run back to Jay's car. After we got towards Jay's car, we saw Alex and his own car.

"Follow me." Was all Alex said before climbing into his car and driving away. Me and Jay got into the car, and started to follow Alex. I stared out the window towards the direction of the house.

"How could he do that to him..." I muttered quietly. I saw Jay clench the steering wheel through the reflection of the window. He didn't respond, too deep in thought to answer. I sighed. then again, Tim did stab his arm, so it made sense... But why would he stab him? He's tackled Jay, stabbed Alex, what was he gonna do to me? He hasn't seemed to try and do anything to me yet, quite the opposite. Maybe he was waiting for the right time to hurt me? Kill me, even? I wasn't sure what to think now. Maybe he actually wasn't as good as I thought, maybe he's just working with that thing following us.

Jay soon parked beside Alex's car in a random parking lot. We all stepped out, and Jay glared at Alex once his eyes laid on him. "Why did you do that? What were you thinking?!" He shouted. Alex's eyes narrowed as he held onto the area his arm got stabbed.

"Hey, I did what I had to, you saw him stab my arm-"

"You broke his leg with a block of cement!" Alex growled, rolling his eyes at Jay.

"I could've done worse, and I probably should've! If anything, I should've just killed him, he's probably working with that thing following us anyway." Jay paused for a moment before staring at Alex suspiciously.

"How did you even know where we were?" I watched as Alex raised a brow and lean against his car, acting like the question was just common sense that we lacked.

"If I know what hotel you two are at, the room number and able to send a package there, your not exactly hard to find. It also doesn't help when you post things on Twitter and YouTube, saying your staying at a hotel." He answered nonchalantly.

Jay sighed, but couldn't argue. Alex must have just searched a few hotels nearby for us, simple as that. "Well... why did you make us go here?"

"I think you already know. That thing following us? Maybe there's a way to make it go away. Just so happens that Tim probably shouldn't be trusted. Anyone even remotely related with that thing can't be trusted."

"So you don't know how to get rid of it..." Jay muttered, sounding disappointment. I frowned. Of course when we thought that Alex might have an idea on how to get rid of that thing, our dreams get crushed.

"Well obviously I wouldn't send that tape with me and Amy running into it if I knew how to deal with the thing." Alex facepalmed before looking back at both of us. "Look, I'll give you two my number and we can discuss this later this week."

"And what do we do from now between whenever you decide to call us?" Jay questioned. Alex wrote down his number on a piece of paper and handed it to me before looking at Jay.

"Just lay low." Was all he answered with before starting to walk back to his car.

"Great..." Jay muttered sarcastically under his breath. With a small huff of annoyance, he motioned me to get back to the car. We got back into the car and watched Alex drive off silently. I looked at the paper in my hand before sticking it in my pocket with a sigh.

"What did we get ourselves into..." I muttered, making Jay look at me and raise a brow. "We watched a few tapes, and only after a few months we're getting chased around by some eldritch horror..." 

"I-I'm not sure... but... at least we have Alex. He's dealt with this for a few years, maybe he actually might have some sort of a plan to get away from all of this?"

"...And if he doesn't?"

"Then we just keep running I guess..."  We became silent again. Jay started the car and started to drive back to our hotel as I stared out the window just like earlier. I just couldn't help but think back to earlier, back at the abandoned house. Was Tim still there? Why was Tim actually the masked man? Was he getting affected with that thing? why did he stab Alex? Why did-

"Still thinking about earlier?" I heard Jay question. I looked up from the window and sighed.

"Well... yeah. I just..." I paused, thinking about what to say for a moment before looking back at the window. "I feel like there's more to Tim then him just being that masked guy, that's all..."