-7-

I shifted side to side uncomfortably as I awkwardly watched Jay gather his things near the door. Being unable to convince him last night to not go, he seemed so dead set on going back to Brian's house again for any sort of lead. And since I would be occupied with my job, I wouldn't be able to help. I also didn't like the fact that I would be finally going back to my house after talking with the police one last time to see if they found any evidence about the masked man being near the house. letting out a sigh to forget about going back to the house, I finally spoke up to Jay. "Are you sure you really wanna do this? Even with the knife, I highly doubt it's safe." Jay now looked over, before making sure his camera was charged for when he would get to the house.

"I already said that I would have my knife, and that I could just run away or something If I see someone." he said nonchalantly, fumbling with the camera and putting it into the case before looking at me once more. "I promise it won't end up like last time." With doubt clouding my mind, I begrudgingly drop the subject, especially since I had to do my own thing rather soon.

"I'm gonna head out now, just... make sure your safe." I opened the front door and walked out, not before yelling out a bye from behind my shoulder and closing the door fully. I began to walk down the small hall and flight of stairs to get out of the apartment complex, not without my brain thinking of what I would possibly find once I go back to my house. Would it be the same? or would it be in complete disarray? Maybe I would find the masked man again inside ready to kill me and-

"God damnit..." I muttered under my breath. The thought of the masked man still being at my house was putting me on edge. No matter how many times I could tell myself that nothing was gonna happen, and that the police might have found him and arrested him, the thoughts of him still being out there, ready to find either me or Jay again were stronger. I left the apartment complex, walking out to my car and sat in the seat. Gripping the steering wheel and letting out a sigh, I finally drove away, eager to find out if the masked man was even caught. Only an hour from when I first woke up I was called, saying to come down at the police station at around noon. Taking a quick glance at the dashboard of the car, it was only 11:06 on the clock, and the police station wasn't necessarily far from Jay's apartment. Of course, I would way rather be early than slightly late to something like this. I pulled up to the police station after what felt like only a few minutes of driving. I got out of the vehicle, and began to walk up to the station until a man looked at me, leaning against the wall of the building.

"Ah, Ms. (L/n). Your an hour late." The man spoke out as I approached, not sounding pleased in the slightest. I raised a brow in confusion, before pulling out my phone to check the time. 1:12pm. 

"How the hell did two hours pass...?" I muttered to myself in pure shock and confusion, but the man didn't seem to care on my reaction to the time. The police man only got up from the wall, taking a drag from a cigarette he held.

"I thought I made it very clear on the phone to arrive around 12, but that's not important right now." He threw the cigarette on the ground, stomping on it to put it out before motioning me to follow him inside. He opened the doors, passing a woman standing at the front desk with a small nod before ending up in a room with rows of desks and other police officers looking at papers and screens. He sat at an empty desk, pulling out a chair for me and also a few papers from a drawer. I sat down in front of the police officer as he read through the papers. "So, after a few days, we had found no reports of similar break ins in town." He began, staring at the papers. "There was also no signs of anyone being able to actually enter the house. Everything was locked, and the only thing out of place that was recorded were some shards of glass from a broken cup." He then looked up from the paper. "I see no evidence of something like a robbery, it was probably just a friend with a spare key trying to scare you."