Chapter 230 - Breaking the Tribulation [08]

Start from the beginning

Wen Ran: "Master, since you saw it early, why didn't you stop it?"

Although the natural Buddha eyes are not as magical as the legendary ability to see 500 years up and down, they can indeed see more than his eyes that can see aura. 

That is to say, this Wan Kong may have known what would happen later, and even saw the devastation of life early. He may also have seen the world that would later be changed by the Ghost King at that time. 

But he did nothing. 

Even when Bo Mountain was in trouble, he still sat in the Buddhist hall chanting sutras and worshiping Buddha. Just like the child he had seen, he remained unmoved no matter how hard his parents begged him. Determined to follow the path he want to take.

Wan Kong smiled again when he heard this: "How do you know, Benefactor Wen, that what I see is not what I see now?"

Wen Ran picked up the tea cup and said, "If it were, the Master would not come today."

Wan Kong suppressed his smile slightly, "Benefactor Wen is indeed smart."

Wen Ran took a sip of hot tea: "Master, do you prefer the world you saw before?"

Wan Kong did not deny it: "Decline and bloom can happen in the blink of an eye. It is not bad now, but it may not in the future. This one is the century of peace, and the other is a new era of prosperity."

Wen Ran: "The change of any era is a battle with countless casualties."

Wan Kong saluted the Buddha's name again, but there was no affirmation or refutation of this statement.

The purpose of coming has been achieved. Wan Kong stood up to say goodbye. Wen Ran did not stand up to see him off. He just said lightly: "I thought all Buddhas are compassionate."

Wan Kong bent down to salute and responded with a smile: "Buddha is naturally compassionate."

Qi Yunjing came out after Wan Kong left and looked at Wen Ran in confusion: "Are you talking about Buddha?" He himself was intelligent and even though he have no interest in Buddhism and don't know much about Buddhism, he only able to understand half of the conversation.

Wen Ran said: "There is a kind of person who is born to be a monk."

Qi Yunjing: "That Master Wan Kong who just left?"

Wen Ran snorted: "He cultivates the Wuqing Dao, probably."

Qi Yunjing sat next to Wen Ran, "The Path of Ruthlessness? Aren't Buddhas are all compassionate, but there is also the Path of Ruthlessness? And Why does he come to you?"

Wen Ran smiled and said: "Come and see me. Come and see the sacrifice to the heaven and the person who changed the original fate of this world. Whether I have integrated into this world this time. 

"After all, this person's Buddha eyes can see through everything at a glance. It is not easy to meet someone who he can't seen clearly, so I was remembered."

Qi Yunjing: "Then have you integrated now?"

Wen Ran sighed: "How can you stay if I don't integrate?"

Qi Yunjing squeezed into Wen Ran's chair and sat down: "Do we need to have an honest conversation? It doesn't matter if you don't want to, anyway, it's enough for me to know that it's you."

Wen Ran suddenly asked an unrelated question: "How old can a man get married according to the law in our country?"

Qi Yunjing: "Twenty, what's wrong?"