Chapter 13. Drawing

If you notice any dumb mistakes, please point them out. I have been editing this chapter in the middle of the night, so the way my brain works can be surprising.

Anyway, enjoy :)

----------------

Lloyd was peering out of the car window in the backseat, staring at the sights that had already become familiar to him over the past month he'd spent with his paternal family and the Ninja. The tall buildings looked much more normal, the Borg Tower was already an old thing, and all of those restaurants and malls blended into the overall view. Only bookstores and libraries interested him any longer. But that was about to change.

It was Lloyd's first day of school.

Lloyd would've been lying if he'd claimed he didn't feel nervous—or absolutely hysterical. He'd been to school last when he was six years old and hadn't experienced anything of the sort thereafter. But now, he was going to a real school, which, by the sounds of it, was far more developed than the one he'd attended, or the ones his siblings had gone to. Jay had even mentioned that the school had a whole room full of computers, which Lloyd had to see.

Other than what Jay had told him, Lloyd didn't know much about his school. His morning had consisted of Kai and Nya prepping him for his first day, helping him into his school uniform and giving him more or less great advice. Kai had told him that if and when someone would bully him, he'd have to kick them where it hurt most. Meanwhile, Nya had advised him to try and talk to others to appear kind, because the first impression was the most important. She'd said it was important to be remembered for being outgoing and nice rather than quiet and reserved. Then Morro had butted in, saying the only thing Lloyd would be remembered for was the year book that would be dedicated to his memory.

But all the while he'd been instructed, Lloyd's mind had prioritized something else. His thoughts were occupied by the memory of his latest dream.

Lloyd knitted his brow at himself, remembering the odd dream. It had been very blurry and kind of hard to make sense of, but there had been these horned creatures, whose skin was thoroughly black and teeth were sharp as knives. Their purple eyes had glowed at Lloyd malevolently, but for some reason, he had not been afraid. The creatures had felt almost familiar to him. He'd felt a strange coziness around them. And now he was left yearning for that same feeling. 

Lloyd blinked the mental images of his dream out of his vision and glanced around the car. His eyes paused on his uncle who was driving and giving Morro a lecture about something he'd done the previous day. Then, his eyes shifted to his cousin, who was sitting beside him, dressed in a similiar school uniform (a button-down shirt, black pants and a dark blue jumper). The only exception in his attire was that he wasn't wearing an extra jumper, because he wasn't freezing in normal temperatures.

"—And now, please do not get in trouble," Wu said to his son. "I do not want to hear about any detentions or other punishments you've had to be given."

Lloyd glanced at Morro again, noting how he was glaring out of the car window at the passing sights, including the biking mailman.

"As if I got in trouble on purpose. Besides, it's not me that causes all that trouble. It's those idiots!"

Wu sighed. "Yes, I know, but you've also been rude to your teachers lately."

"Only the stupid ones."

Before long, the car stopped in the parking lot of a huge concrete building with tall walls around it. There were large gates that allowed entrance to a very fancy-looking yard with trimmed grass and a monumental fountain. And above the gates there was a large, black sign with golden writing on it: