Ch.2⟩ The Sleepless Sleepover

"Her Majesty, Queen Lavender will be with you shortly, Astri Vivilia." , the guards at the gates spoke, in a stern yet welcoming voice. "Oh! No, I'm not here for that. I'm here for the princess." Astri corrected them as she pointed at the giant suitcase beside her.

Just then, Kesha walked in, wearing her hot pink PJ's with fluffy sleeves. Before Astri could utter a single word, Kesha pulled her away and started talking about their sleepover. Astri tried her best to keep up while levitating her suitcase behind.

She eventually led her all the way to thier room, where Vienna was sitting on the bed reading something. "Oh hey Astri. You're..early, actually.", she said in a surprised disinterested voice. "Well hello to you too, princess.  You'll be joining us?" Astri inquired. "Girls, quit the sarcasm. I have a fun night planned for us!", Kesha interrupted them. She pulled out a Ouija board from one the cupboards and set it on the floor. Putting all their hands together, she was about to start, but the two quickly pulled themselves away. "Okay okay okay, we are not doing this. This. Summons. Demons. Kesha." , scolded Vienna. Astri nodded in agreement. "Instead, I think I have a bunch of tea to spill."
Kesha looked up at her sister, with a look that said it all.

An hour or so later they were still chatting away; about thier lives, about thier families, friends, hopes and dreams, and so much more. Vienna kicking her feet on the bed, Astri sitting on the floor and Kesha rolled up next to them, squeezing a pillow.

Small bits of food scattered all around, bottles of soda and cartons of chocolate milk, chips packets and toys everywhere. Normally Astri would cringe at this very sight, but right now, she wasn't paying much attention. Well, maybe because she was busy talking to Kesha. They both were in their own world, talking about books and past events, things Vienna didn't even know about. I mean, they'd know eachother for 4 years, Vienna only knew Astri for 8 months or so. She'd tried to be friends with her many times in the past, but Astri had just seemed to find her annoying so she kind of stopped.

"....like everytime we're in an argument he just has to respond with 'your mom'! It's so annoying!" , Vi said. "Hate it when people make jokes like that." Astri replied. "Anyways, I'll be here more often, now that my school starts soon." She added. "Oh cool! You can come over more often!" Kesha said, beaming with excitement. "We could, like, have sleepovers at your place!" "And you could help me with my projects!"

This whole time, Vienna was still on the bed, looking down at the two talking. She was very bored, and when she tried to talk, she was spoken over. It was mostly them talking and her simply adding a few sentences to the conversation. Soon she got bored. They didn't even notice her leaving.

She slowly made her way to the garden exit, only a few meters away from their room and walked out. "Even at night, this place looks stunning!", she thought to herself. There were lanterns lit everywhere, illuminating the surrounding flowers, mostly dark red roses. She roamed around brushing her hands on the bushes.

"If Hell is forever then heaven must be a lie...." ,she slowly sang, walking across the promenade. "Wow, you're a good singer, princess!", a voice said from behind some hedges. A girl poked her head out and walked towards Vienna, one hand holding a shovel. "Uhm..who are you? And what were you doing behind those trees?" , Vienna asked with caution, taking a step back. "I'm Rose! I work here. Heard someone singing and thought I might see who it is. You kind of woke me up.", Rose said as she put her shovel down. "Oh..sorry! You just startled me. I'm princess-" "I know deary, everyone knows who you are.", Rose interrupted.

"So, princess,why are you out here so late?", she asked. At this Vienna only wanted some company, so literally anyone would do. "Well, my sister invited over her friend for a sleepover and they both are pretty close. So they just keep on talking and ingnore me...", Vienna explained. They both walked in silence for a while. "I wish I was that close with someone. Y'know talk to them whenever you want about whatever you want and have that bond like no other! It just feels like a fourth wheel most of the time, even with most people who I'm close with.", she added, leaving Rose and walking onto a balcony, overlooking the western side of the kingdom. "Well, even if you don't talk much, I'm sure they still care about you. Friends are friends and your sister is family." , she said. After a moment of silence she asked, "Hey.. I'm not sure if I can fix that for you, but I'd be happy to be your new friend. And I'm pretty lonely too, we could be just like you said!" Rose said, putting her hand on Vienna's shoulder. "I'd like that very much." Replied Vienna, and hugged Rose. Rose only patted her head.

"Well you should head inside, it's 10pm. And I should probably go back inside hehehe...", Rose said pulling Vienna off her. "Right! Good night Rose!" Vienna yelled while running inside. Rose turned around and left aswell.

On her way, Vienna bumped into Astri and Kesha in the hallway. Kesha ran towards her and held her hands. "Oh my god, darling where were you??", Kesha asked in a panicked and slightly angry sound. "We kinda figured you must've felt left out so you left. Sorry we didn't notice.", Astri said and walked up to them.
"Oh, well glad you realised. Now c'mon! Let's go enjoy our sleepover!", Vienn said grabbing them both and heading back.

---------------------------------------------------
★•°I hope you liked it! If you have any ideas, then I'd love to pu those here in the story somewhere! Thankyou for reading!°•★