MOMMY ISSUES AND GRANDMOM

chapter 22

    Lorelei felt a degree of shock she had never felt before

Lorelei felt a degree of shock she had never felt before. She didn't expect to have her sixteen year old daughter be pregnant. It was like she was repeating history. "What." Lorelei said as she stood up, Max's ring falling to the floor below her. "You can't be pregnant? You're sixteen, I mean. I'm thirty-two, ugh! Victoria, was it him?" Lorelei asks pointing a finger at Tristan, who just gasped. "You both have to get married." Lorelei said as Emily rolled her own eyes.

"Like you're one to talk Lorelei, you did the exact same thing." Emily said standing up. Meanwhile, Victoria was on the verge of tears and Ellie just hugged her close. Angus knew his daughter-in-law was afraid, and that broke his heart. But his son would take care of her, and they were mature and hard workers.

"I'm already married." Victoria blurted out as Lorelei started to throw a fit again about how they deceived her and why she wasn't invited.

"Miss Gilmore, dinner is ready." Antonia said as she came into the room.

"Thank you, Antonia." Emily said as Antonia nodded before she guided Victoria to her seat next to Tristan and his parents. Lorelei and Rory sitting across from them.

"I just can't believe it, I thought we told each other everything!" Lorelei said as Victoria held Tristan's hand under the table.

"No, I never did. I was always Rory, who was your best friend. She is," Victoria made air quotes, "quote, un-quote, like a sister to you and your best friend. I am her sister!" Victoria said as Antonia brought out Pesto Pasta for everyone. "You treated me like a distant relative who was always around but never around." Victoria yelled, tears swelling in her eyes. "I want to go. Grandmom to you have a container I can put this in?" Victoria asked and that was the thing that broke Lorelei's heart.

Grandmom.

    "Victoria, she's not our mother!" Lorelei yelled fury lacing her voice. "I am your mother." Lorelei stated firmly as she stared at her oldest daughter.

    "What? Like you've ever been the greatest mom in the world. Grandmom is more of a mother than you ever were!" Victoria yelled back as she grasped Tristan's hand. "You weren't even there for my graduation. You didn't help me move out; you didn't come and even bother to ask where I was going to live when I moved to my 'dorm'." Victoria yelled again, "you were to caught up in your only life to even announce to your oldest daughter that a man proposed to you and willingly is spending the rest of his life, you." Victoria said as she stared at her mother who seemed to be in shock.

     "If it weren't for you needing money to enroll Rory in Chilton you wouldn't have even been here!" Victoria continued as Lorelei seemed out of words.

    "Yeah but I am your mother. I birthed you sixteen years ago!" Lorelei refuted as Victoria gave a dry laugh.

     "Really?" Victoria asked as she almost snickered, tears swelling in her eyes.

    "Yes, really. Is this funny to you?" Lorelei scolded.

     "Yes, it is in fact. Because if you really cared about being my mother, you would hear me staying up and waiting for you to tell me the story of my birth; instead of ignoring my sobs every single fucking year!" Victoria yelled and Rory almost went into the state of shock, she had been under the impression Lorelei told Victoria her birth story as well, first. Slowly, Rory walked over to Victoria's side.

    "Rory, what are you doing with her?" Lorelei asked as she stared at everyone over with Victoria. "Are you really all going to agree with her? She doesn't have job, or a house or anything to support this child!" Lorelei attempted to sway her family but none moved an inch.

   "No, Lorelei. She does have a house, and a job and money to support this child. Most importantly, she has me, your father, Ellie, Angus and Tristan to help raise the child." Emily stated as she stared at her daughter, she had the same fiery privileged expression on her face as she did when she was a young child. "Now quit acting like a child." Emily stated as she grabbed a glass container and handed it to Victoria. "Here, darling." Emily said softly as she gave Victoria hug.

    "Thanks grandmom." Victoria said smiling slightly as she grabbed Tristan's hand before going and shoulder-checking her mother as she passed by. "Bye Lorelei." Victoria said as she headed out to her car.

"I'm so, so, soryr!" Rory said as ran out after Victoria and hugged her tighter. "I should have never made those terrible assumptions about Tristan, and I've been so self centered that I didn't see that you were suffering. I mean, we're twins, we should be one another's best friends instead of Lane or Delilah. I'm so sorry and I will do whatever I can to make it better." Rory said as Victoria smiled and hugged her sister tight and didn't let go.

"I forgive you." Victoria, tears streaming down both their eyes, smiles appearing on their faces.

"Now let's go face Lorelei, like the bad bitches we are!" Rory cheered as Victoria laughed as grabbed her sister's hand.

"We are the best." Victoria said quietly, as she snuggled slightly closer to her sister. Rory and Victoria walked into their grandparents house side by side, holding hands and almost acting like sister again.

 Rory and Victoria walked into their grandparents house side by side, holding hands and almost acting like sister again

Ty speaks!

— Sister over misters!! How do we feel about Rory's up coming redemption arc?

— I know this is a long chapter, and I haven't updated in so long, but I've been busy and I actually have been having super bad writers block. So, sorry so much for the short, not very well written chapter.

— Comment if you please, your comments make me smile :))