FRIDAY NIGHT DINER

chapter 3

*•.this episode is brought to
you by Michel saying
'ah, my chair'.•*

       All three girls stood outside the Gilmore manor, standing waiting for no particular reason. 'Are we just going go in or are going to stand here re-enacting 'the little match girl'?" Rory asked as Victoria sighed, they were like two dogs fighting over the same bone.

      "Okay, look, I know you and me are having a thing here and I know you hate me but I need you to be civil. At least through dinner, on the way home you can pull Menendez. Deal?" Lorelei said as Victoria felt the desire to smash her head against the wall.

     "They were abused." Victoria muttered under her breath, having learned about the case in school.

     "Fine." Rory said as they walked up the door and rang the door bell. They waited for a moment before their grandmother, Emily Gilmore, opened the door. "Hi grandma."

      "Well, you're right on time." Emily said as Lorelei and Rory out on a fake smile.

      "Yeah, yeah, no traffic at all." Lorelei said.

"Is that a collector's cup? If not I can though it away for you." Emily said as Lorelei made her away to through it away in the near by trash can. "In the kitchen, please." Emily said sharply before making their way to the sitting room. "So, I want to hear all about Chilton." Emily said wrapping her arms around her granddaughters and making their way out of the room but no before Lorelei though her cup away in the nearest trash can.

     "I haven't actually started yet." Rory said her fake smile true.

"It's going good grandma. My boyfriend's grandfather is sick though, so he had to be absent for a few." Victoria said as she smiled, making Lorelei give her a look; a boyfriend?

     "Richard, look who's here!" Emily said as they walked into the lounge.

    "Rory! You're tall." Richard said as he surveyed her.

    "No, 'hi Victoria, Rory , it's great to see you. How are you?' Just 'how tall are you?'"

     "I guess..." Rory said as she stood in the middle of the walk way awkwardly.

     "Well, what's your height?" Richard asks as Rory continued to stand awkwardly.

    "Five, seven." Rory said awkwardly.

     "How about you, Victoria?" Richard asked as Victoria suddenly had a large smirk on her face.

"I'm great grandpa, I'm glad you asked." Victoria said as Richard rolled his eyes slightly before restating his question. "I'm five, six." Victoria said, giving up.