Chapter 43: Chakra Attributes and First Mission

Începe de la început

"I'm willing."

"No problem."

Both nodded, and Jiraiya tossed the mission scroll to them, remarking, "You decide the departure time."

Minato took the scroll and began to examine it, while Tatsuma tentatively said, "Jiraiya-sensei, this is a mission outside the village. Along the way, expenses for food and accommodation..."

Typically, when ninjas undertake missions, accommodations might be informal, and dining out or starting a fire might not be practical. They usually rely on Military ration pills. However, Tatsuma's concern was with the Military Ration Pills, which had to be purchased.

Seeing Tatsuma looking somewhat hesitant yet expectant, Jiraiya scratched his belly and said, "Need a loan?"

"Borrowing for Military Rations Pills is fine."

Seeing Jiraiya getting straight to the point, Tatsuma also spoke openly, and Jiraiya nodded, asking, "Anything else? Ninja tools? Explosive tags? Smoke bombs? Do you need these?"

As the Jonin leading the team, Jiraiya didn't mind the two students spending some money. After all, Tsunade had been unable to come home recently, and no one would be spending his money. His wallet was quite full now.

Tatsuma shook his head and said, "Sarutobi Atoma-sensei has already purchased new ninja tools for us. Explosive tags and smoke bombs are a bit too pricey. We might end up in the red after completing the mission, so it's unnecessary."

"Unnecessary? This is your first mission. Are you sure you don't want to be more thorough in your preparations?"

Jiraiya chuckled while looking at the two. Both shook their heads; after all, their conversation with Jiraiya was framed in a borrowing context. If they borrowed more, they'd have to pay back more.

Being Genin now meant they would lose their allowances starting next month. They'd also be responsible for covering the rent and utilities for their apartments. Since they hadn't completed any missions yet, overspending was a luxury they couldn't afford.

"Alright then, I'll prepare the Military Rations Pills for you. When do you plan to depart?"

Jiraiya didn't attempt to persuade them further. Tatsuma looked at Minato, who had finished reading the mission scroll. Minato lowered his head, contemplated for a moment, and said, "The entire village is being held hostage. Every day we delay brings more danger to the villagers. Tatsuma, can you leave in the afternoon? I don't need much preparation on my end; how about you?"

Tatsuma nodded and replied, "No problem. Our situations are similar. We just need to gather our things when we get back."

Only then did Minato turn to Jiraiya and said, "Jiraiya-sensei, we plan to depart after noon, tentatively around 2 p.m. Is that acceptable to you?"

"You decide; I won't give you advice, and I won't be a burden to you."

Jiraiya shrugged, and Tatsuma and Minato nodded. Tatsuma added, "Alright, for now, let's disband. Minato, plan our route, and I'll head to the Hokage's office to report and pick up the travel permit. We'll rendezvous at the village entrance at 2 p.m."

"No problem."

Minato handed the mission scroll to Tatsuma, who hadn't glanced at it yet. Obtaining the travel permit from the Hokage's office required referencing the mission scroll.

The three swiftly departed. Tatsuma returned home and perused the mission scroll. The destination was a place called Hakusen Village, renowned for its hot springs and cultural industries. Recently, it had fallen under the control of Nasu, a rogue ninja from the Waterfall Village, the target of their mission.

Their task was to apprehend this rogue ninja and dismantle the criminal organization he had established in Hakusen Village. The mission was commissioned by the Daimyo's estate.

After a quick perusal of the mission details, Tatsuma rolled up the scroll and commenced packing his belongings—a sizable ninja tool backpack, two compact waist pouches, and leg pouches. He armed himself with the necessary ninja tools, secured the door, and set out.

Tatsuma initially headed to the Hokage's office to report and acquire the travel permit. Subsequently, he visited the Konoha Archives, the village library, to gather information about Hakusen Village. Following a swift lunch, he hastened to the village entrance for the rendezvous.

Minato was already waiting at the entrance, and the two exchanged information. Jiraiya, arriving with a leap, handed over the travel permit for inspection by the ninja stationed at the village gate. After verification, Tatsuma and Minato took their first steps outside Konoha Village.

----

Check out my patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt