Meet the four

ARTHUR

People say that I'm always glued to my computer. And yes, that's true. After a grueling day of listening to your teachers go "blah, blah, blah", hours of Papa's Freezeria is what my heart desires. Heck yeah! I could play for an eternity, and still be gripped! My highest record is playing for 14. Hours. Straight. How sick is that??

Let me get this straight

Let me get this straight. Whenever I play, I sit down for hours (obviously, you think I play while doing cartwheels?). Sitting down for hours is bad, especially for your hips. Also for your eyesights, and sorry to break it to you, but carrots can't fix your eyesights. I'm sure Harry Potter would've loved that.

Anyways, a year ago, Mum exploded my door open and exclaimed, "Oh, Arthur! Don't sit down for so long! You might get hip pain, and that'll lead to arthritis yaddy yaddy blah blah blah..." (extremely high-pitched lady-like voice, you can imagine).

I'm sorry, but MUM, you LIED about:

Me going on Santa's "naughty list" if I don't tidy my bedroom. I literally got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas. How??

Carrots improve your vision. Like I said, NO THEY DON'T.

Bats being blind. How is anyone falling for this??

Gum being stuck in your stomach for 7 years if you swallow it.

"Yeah, yeah, where'd you get that from? Twitter?" I teased, staring deep into my screen.

"I'm concerned for you, Arthur! You sit for hours! What good is that?" burst out Mum.

'I know, I know. I'll stop sitting." I stood up from my chair. "See? Standing up! All healthy! Now, can I have some privacy??"

Her words flew out of my head and I went back to gaming for 5 hours each day. Her words meant nothing to me. Her words were not taken seriously by me.

However, my fate would soon come.

This is what would soon give me arthritis.

First, it was pain in my hips. Then stiffness (turning around was tricky). The stiffness quickly turned swollen, and would constantly give me sharp lightning bolts of pain. Walking was like solving a Rubik's Cube with your feet. Sports was like hell for my hips. It got so bad, that during dodgeball, Mum had to take me to the hospital.

After blood tests and X-rays, my diagnosis was clear: Osteoarthritis (hip arthritis), whether I liked it or not.

The news hit me like a strike of lightning. My face was pale. Mum gasped and went all sympathetic. Osteoarthritis...how? I felt like this was my destiny, and well deserved.

However, there are treatments:

Aerobic exercise for 20 - 30 minutes each week to improve my cardiovascular health.