twenty

A n a s t a s i a

There would always be days where you would have forgotten how you fell asleep, leading you to wake up in the morning utterly confused and disorientated from the night before. Your mind would take a few moments to gather itself back together, and your body would slowly move from the compromising position that it had been left in.

I felt this today when I woke up. I took a few minutes to wake fully, with the tiredness soring throughout my entire body. My eyes were so dry from the shed tears, and they had left a darkened mascara induced trail down either of my cheeks. My hair was unkempt and tangled, which led me to spend a long amount of time to comb out the tightly wounded knots.

As I was preparing myself for the day ahead, I tore throughout my wardrobe until I found a pair of black jeans and I paired them with a white t-shirt but was halted when I noticed my wrists. A puzzling discovery found, which showed the bruises given to me yesterday had vanished. Unless my mind had tricked me into believing the marks were worse than I thought, I knew that a certain Vampire came into my room this morning to heal me.

Even the thought of that certain Vampire ached my heart at the moment, and I did not want to prolong this ache. If Harry and I were meant to be together then we should be. And having spent most of the night over-thinking each possible outcome of the complicated events, I had come to a final decision.

Yesterday I was fairly childish with my actions, and I had lost that strength that Harry openly admired daily. I let my emotions get the better of me and it left me with nothing but my sadness. With these thoughts pushed to the side, my inner strength seemed to fight back again, and I decided that I ought to battle for my own future. Nothing Lola could do or say would get in the way of that.

With the intention of speaking to Harry about this all, I cautiously made my way downstairs once I was ready. I evidently believed that I would have found Harry downstairs making the pair of us breakfast. I momentarily pictured us sorting our differences over the meal and then proceeding to spend the rest of the morning tangled within our bedsheets. But only if those positive wishes were true.

That is not what I was faced with when I walked downstairs this morning. I had woken up considerably late, so found myself yearning for a warm brunch. I entered the kitchen as I heard faint chatter bouncing off of the walls, and yet it was not Harry waiting for me. He was not there at all. Instead I was met with two girls who I had only met a handful of times. They were sat at the table, with three mugs of tea and a selection of biscuits next to them on the wooden surface.

Eleanor and Ethel greeted me with sympathetic smiles as I joined them at the table. We each shared a brief silence before Eleanor picked up the plate of biscuits and fluttered it towards me. She put on her warming smile and I could not help but return the gesture.

"Biscuit to make you feel better?" She questioned in a friendly tone.

"Well, who in their right mind would turn that down?" I replied in an over-the-top manner, taking one of the digestives and dunking it into the cup of tea that was in front of me. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me," Eleanor shrugged, "you are probably wondering why we are here." She continued as I swallowed my mouthful.

"I am." I frowned, "is Harry not home then?" I had to ask.

"No," Ethel answered with a small smile. "He left early this morning to meet our Lords, which is why we are here. Lord Niall and Lord Louis agreed that the three of us should spend the day together, especially after what has happened in the past few days with you."

"You know what has happened then?" I was surprised that they were trusted with that information, after all, not all Bloodlust were as lucky as I had been with my master.