13. Mission

13. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy

----------

Alternate chapter name : I become a divine lawyer (yes this was meant to go into the actual book and not just the planning doc)

This chapter is dedicated to my friend who read this after she somehow convinced me to show her the wattpad fanfiction I was writing. She's never read the PJO books, but I appreciate her support anyway.

Story actually starting now :

----------

Why did I agree to this?

The wind bit at my skin and blew my long blonde hair into my face as I stood outside of Westover Hall. I saw the car I had arrived in disappear into the blizzard as the huge, stone building stood tall over me like a looming mountain, making me shiver, though that might've just been the cold. I'd probably like Maine under any other circumstances, the view especially was really pretty, and I might move up here someday if I survive past being a teenager. But honestly, the blizzard was kinda ruining it for me right now.

I knocked on the doors. "Thorn,"' I mumbled under my breath. "I swear to the Titan if you make me wait out here one more minute I'm going to have Agrius feed you to the drakon." The door creaked open, revealing 'Dr.Thorn', a manticore who was sent here by the Titan Lord to recruit demigods.

"Always a pleasure Kryseis," Thorn greeted. "Although I don't believe there will be any need to feed me to the drakon today." I quickly stepped inside, and Thorn shut the large, oak doors behind me.

"What have I told you about using my full name? It's creepy." I crossed my arms, looking at Thorn. He laughed.

"Nonsense," he said. "It means 'Golden', it is a beautiful name for a beautiful young lady." He bowed to me.

I took a step back, "Didn't Luke say that the next time you flirted with me- a thirteen year old- he'd commit unspeakable atrocities to you?" I raised an eyebrow, putting a hand on the dagger that was strapped around my thigh.

"Yes," Thorn stated. "He did say that, didn't he? Well no matter then, there's no need for unpleasantness. I have potential recruits to show you." He began walking towards a large door with 'GYM' written on the glass. "Ah, and before I forget to tell you," he began as I caught up beside him. "There are more demigods here, three of them. They met with a satyr, and I believe they're from that infernal camp."

"Which one?" I asked, looking at the manticore in confusion. He sighed.

"The Greek one, not the Roman one," he said. I nodded in understanding. We reached the gym, and we weaved through the crowd towards a set of bleachers.

"Nico, Bianca," Thorn said, addressing a pair of students on the bleachers, a boy and a girl who looked similar. The girl was wearing a floppy green cap, and the boy was shuffling a pack of cards. "I'd like to talk to you about something, if you don't mind coming with me."

Both of them hopped off the bleachers. Bianca, the girl, held the arm of Nico, the younger looking boy, as we made our way through a door beside the bleachers. Thorn walked behind the kids, leading them by the scruff of their necks, while I walked in front, making sure they didn't try anything. Though, if Thorn's reports were correct, they didn't know their heritage, which would make this all the easier.

As we walked through the door, Thorn turned to me. "Kryseis, would you do the honors of standing behind that door and taking care of anyone that comes through?" I nodded, hiding behind the door. Sure enough, not even 30 seconds later, someone came through the door. Thorn nodded at me, and I wrapped one arm around their torso, using the other to hold one of my daggers to their throat. Thorn shot one of his poisonous spines at us, and for a second I thought he was shooting at me. I let go, ducking as the projectile shot past, grazing the person's shoulder and pinning them to the wall by their clothes. They swung a sword at me, missing my face by an inch, and walked over to Thorn.